What's new
What's new

Looking for opinions on coolant

LockTech

Plastic
We cnc a lot of brass and copper. Everything we try has turned the coolant blue and gets gummy. Our current coolant is Synergy 735, which does pretty good, however it still has the same issue, just not as bad as previous coolants we have tried. The only stipulation is I want to keep it water-based.

Since we are relocating to a bigger building this would be the perfect opportunity to switch the machines over to a new coolant.

Any ideas on a better product for brass/copper?

Thanks

Keith

Check with Master Chemical in Perrysburg (Toledo) Ohio.
(The maker of the previous mention "Trim")

They have oodles of products available.
I'm sure they have one for your app.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Blaser Swisslube. Running brass for 16 years on that machine. Turns slightly greenish and never sticky. Refuses to stink. That lathe sometimes runs a full week of 10 hour days, and will sit for a month or more. I have never changed it out either.

Check with your coolant manufacturer. We had the same issue with a Cimcool product. Ended up with their 18P. Works for us, but we could have gotten the same results by checking with TrimSol, Blasers, Hangsterfer, Master Chemical...

We cnc a lot of brass and copper. Everything we try has turned the coolant blue and gets gummy. Our current coolant is Synergy 735, which does pretty good, however it still has the same issue, just not as bad as previous coolants we have tried. The only stipulation is I want to keep it water-based.

Since we are relocating to a bigger building this would be the perfect opportunity to switch the machines over to a new coolant.

Thanks

Keith

Dad used Trim-sol for years and its big brother, E-206 with no issues.
I use Quali-Chem Xtreme Cut 231 and have had excellent results in copper and and brass.

We have a similar issue on our machine that runs copper, currently using Vasco from Blaser but they are telling us BC935 will solve the problem. We are planning on switching over to try it out soon

Thanks

Keith
We're sorry for the extreme delay and that you're experiencing this! We are ramping up our communications efforts and are here to help. To start, we'd recommend connecting with your existing Blaser representative to troubleshoot the issue and see if they can recommend a more suitable Blaser coolant, like 007Rob's comment in this thread references their Blaser rep did. You can also message us your contact information (email and/or phone), shop name, and location, and we will have your local representative reach out and help solve the issue!

Copper alloys are very sensitive to the alkali retention agents in most cutting fluids, with which copper, zinc and lead react, causing discoloration in the appearance of the cutting fluid and destabilization of the emulsion.Some cutting fluid manufacturers have dyed their fluids blue to hide the problem of copper ion precipitation.Only specially designed cutting fluid do not cause these problems.

Back