What's new
What's new

Low Pressure Alarm

OTA

Plastic
I have a 2002 TM1 and its showing low air pressure alarm. Is there a way to get the spindle to jog down with the machine in alarm. It has a tool changer on it and I cant get access to the bottom screw that holds the spindle cover on, because the tool changer is in the way. I am trying to check the pressure switch. Thanks.

Parameter 76 is low air delay. Record what it was before then change it to a crazy high number and you'll have a bit of time to move stuff around before it locks the servos again.

I am not sure how I did it, I went in to parameters. Toggled to the low pressure delay, attempted to change the delay and it said function locked. I hit reset and tried again, same message came up. I went to handle jog and it said no home in x, I hit reset, the power up restart. It bumped the limits and then I was able to jog down in Z and I was able to get to the screw! Thanks!

I attempted to move the Z screw by hand and it did not seem to want to cooperate.

Sorry should have lead with this, next time you need to change a parameter you need to estop then turn the parameter lock off in settings. Then change parameter, turn parameter lock back on and reset.

Sorry should have lead with this, next time you need to change a parameter you need to estop then turn the parameter lock off in settings. Then change parameter, turn parameter lock back on and reset.
Thank You! I really appreciate you sharing that information with me.

The z axis servo has an integrated electromagnet break. The magnet removes break force when powered up. At power loss (e stop/power down) the magnet releases and the break re engages.
It’s just a simple pad pushing against a rotor (not pinching like a car rotor)

You can overcome the break force and rotate the screw if you need to.

Alternatively I’ve loosened the servo mount up top and spun the whole servo/lead screw on a machine to get the head to move. Not ideal. But it works (be super careful as the servo can spin fast and the head drop. Not exactly a recommended procedure)

Back