What's new
What's new

M24 threads with a Mag drill?

I got the whole set of IR air drills ..#2 Morse up to #5 Morse.......the bigger ones are just about unsused............I once tried tapping a 1&1/2 hole in a cast iron jig plate.............I was very lucky to get the throttle off before I was wound up in air hose with me completely busted..............wont try that again.

I got the whole set of IR air drills ..#2 Morse up to #5 Morse.......the bigger ones are just about unsused............I once tried tapping a 1&1/2 hole in a cast iron jig plate.............I was very lucky to get the throttle off before I was wound up in air hose with me completely busted..............wont try that again.
You don't hang on to the ^%$#@! thing, you cobble up an "old man" to take the torque.

I been wound up more than once in those IR drills......they got a twist grip like a motorbike ......wind it one way for forward,other way for reverse......they are a marvellous piece of engineering.............I was starting a big diesel engine with one ,it lifted me clean off the ground .........pretty sure I got one with a #6 Morse taper that Ive never used ..........must have a look.

Are there several of these holes on one plate ?

Can you make up a simple weldment to hold one of the big air drills using a hole next door (thru bolt & nut until
you get that one tapped) ?
Plasma cut some 3/4" thick plate with a long slot (25mm wide) like a milling machine hold down clamp.

Are there several of these holes on one plate ?

Can you make up a simple weldment to hold one of the big air drills using a hole next door (thru bolt & nut until
you get that one tapped) ?
Plasma cut some 3/4" thick plate with a long slot (25mm wide) like a milling machine hold down clamp.
It was decided to drill through, weld nuts on the far side, and get longer bolts. The original concept had more female threads than bolt engagement so they get another bit at the apple after damaging the original engagement. Not my design. It came from another customer with a lot of experience. Now, when they bugger the nuts, they will be cutting holes in things to replace them.

Back