What's new
What's new

Machine Rigging/Moving Co. Recommendations in Philly

TurnerJr

Plastic
Greetings,
As the title infers, I have two smaller lathes that I need moved a few miles across town in Philadelphia. I haven't used any riggers or machine moving companies before and am looking for recommendations from those that might have had good results with folks in the Philly area or just over the bridge in NJ.

The lathes are small, weighing in around 1,800 lbs and only need to be moved about 3 miles. I'm being vague on the equipment make because of the long-running prohibition on using the Tor**** word. I've moved them myself in the past but, health/personal reasons take that option off the table this time.

Happy to answer any questions that might help improve recommendations.

Thanks!

they were just bought out by MEI, they were very customer oriented-that may have changed, very professional and excellent results.
also..
Specialty Rigging
I've used both and had 0 issues, not sure how they will price out on machines that small but your equipment will be in trustworthy hands. Both have moved +40k# machines for me in tight quarters.

Thanks @BOB-OO, I really appreciate the input. I had AA on my list to call tomorrow but Specialty Rigging wasn't on my radar. Hopefully, a few other suggestions will come in and one of them won't mind taking a small job like this.

ive used flat bed tow trucks multiple times, they drag it on and off if you can get a truck near it. and 1800 lbs is small enough to rent a forklift and a couple slings.

ive used flat bed tow trucks multiple times, they drag it on and off if you can get a truck near it. and 1800 lbs is small enough to rent a forklift and a couple slings.
This is the direction I'd go if I were doing it myself. The machines are in storage facility with entrance/exit locations that work well for a small forklift and a rollback. In the past I've used a box truck with an extra heavy duty lift gate and while it worked, it wasn't optimal. I appreciate you bringing up this option; I'll explore it further if I have trouble finding someone to handled the whole thing for me, at a reasonable price.

This is the direction I'd go if I were doing it myself. The machines are in storage facility with entrance/exit locations that work well for a small forklift and a rollback. In the past I've used a box truck with an extra heavy duty lift gate and while it worked, it wasn't optimal. I appreciate you bringing up this option; I'll explore it further if I have trouble finding someone to handled the whole thing for me, at a reasonable price.
ive moved lathes in the 2000-8000 lbs range on a flat bed tow truck, the larger ones needed a machine/forklift,skidsteer to anchor it when unloading it and sliding it off the deck. cost about $250 for the local tow to move it. was about $125/hr here and had to include the whole time from when they left there shop till when it was unloaded.

Back