What's new
What's new

Machine Shop Supervisor, 2nd Shift

$30 per hour plus overtime puts you in the 80+ range.
Did it and I have the pay stubs.
The 200K is what all others here think this a manager/supervisor/owner should make. I do not think they are actually cashing these checks.
Many dream or say the pay is too low for me.
Deal is one has to work and this job is not bad as a offer.
But ... any job offer here brings out so many saying "That is not enough".
So be it and happy for those in over $200k per year.
Hi Bob - it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks or says. At the end of the day you make the decision that makes the most sense to you for you and your family. Years ago there was a group of guys standing around bitching about the place we worked, one of my buddies piped up and said, "I have done a lot worse for a lot less". That pretty much shut the group down and I have thought that was some of the best advice I ever heard. I don't think that pay is great - but it sure ain't bad. If I was looking for a job I would definitely show interest.

Didn't read everything, but the pay is too low. I left my manufacturing group 3 years ago, but back then my level 2 machinists which were just set up guys were making 30/hr, level 3's which did light programming were at 40/hr, and my level 4's were about 50/hr + all the OT they wanted. The shop supervisors started at 100k.

This is aerospace for one of the "big 3".

Apply a 3% annual increase per year to bring that to todays current rate.

This is aerospace for one of the "big 3".

Our ME's didn't make that kind of money, some sure. But the majority of our ME's fell quite short of that.

I still have the comp. sheets and pay bands for all of our positions company wide from 2020. If you have any questions on it, you can reach out.

Our ME's didn't make that kind of money, some sure. But the majority of our ME's fell quite short of that.

I still have the comp. sheets and pay bands for all of our positions company wide from 2020. If you have any questions on it, you can reach out.
I was suggesting those pay scales based on similar skills and depth on the engineering side. It needs to be fixed at the bigger companies as much as it needs to be fixed at the job shop level.

One thing to consider for OP, often times a night shift would also see a shift differential.

Back