What's new
What's new

Machine tool salesmen... this guy is good ! (video link)

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't sure whether to post in this forum or the CNC Forum but can't resist commenting on how articulate and knowledgable this Tsugami salesman at IMTS is in this video. Plus the machines are fascinating. What do you think... any other examples of machine tool salesmen who really know their product well and are able to articulate the important details from memory ? Maybe few care about such things but I used to do IMTS selling our tapping machines in the 1990's where I was the salesman and can appreciate a really good one !

Last edited:
At a lot of companies, the salesman is more knowledgeable than just about anyone else. That's because he is involved in most aspects of the company....unlike, say, and accountant who probably knows zero about the product or an engineer who knows a lot about one part of the product.

It always amazes me how few people in companies fail to recognize what is the single most important rule of business - no one does anything until their saleman sells something.

Great sales guy.
It´s what I had with HAAS Spain --
8 of.
Expensive, 8k/mo, plus comissions, but so what.

One needs to pay good guys well -- and can then expect them to go the extra mile.
Same applies to great machinists.
Great guys should get great pay. And it is upto the managers to get sufficient jobs to make it well profitable.

I watched that video when it was first posted. I know jack squat about Swiss stuff and will never do Swiss work, but i'll be damned if it didn't suck me into watching the entire thing!(y)

It always amazes me how few people in companies fail to recognize what is the single most important rule of business - no one does anything until their saleman sells something.

I grew up among scientists/engineers, and most had a slightly deprecating impression of salespeople.
Except one told me "Really, the only reason to make product is so salesmen have something to sell." He added WTE that "they get bored and restless and cause problems in the world if you don't keep them supplied with selling opportunities"

smt

Back