What's new
What's new

Maho Axis woes..."drift error" ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Maho 600e with the usual 432 control and Indramat drives... X and Y axis work fine but Z (ram) axis during jog will sometimes stop dead in tracks and give Z09 and 05 errors. 09 is "drift error control has responded" and 05 is "software limit switch".

Seemingly no logic to when this happens and it will "cure" itself and work ok for awhile and then screw up again. Ever had this problem ?

I think this may be sticky axis clamping. If machine hasn't run in awhile I think the Mahos are prone to this error. How to unstick them- not exactly sure. Write a little program to send it back and forth for awhile. I had some problems with the B axis when I first got mine, but that was relatively straight forward to get into and monkey with. It manifested in much the same way- intermittent failure with the same errors 05 or 09 then it would be fine.

what scales are on this machine Heidenhain or phillips?

If phillips the scale could need cleaned or realigned.

If these scales are not aligned they can misread, or if there is smudge on the scale.

Use Isoprobl and lens cleaning tissues to clean.

Regards
DD

I think this may be sticky axis clamping. If machine hasn't run in awhile I think the Mahos are prone to this error. How to unstick them- not exactly sure. Write a little program to send it back and forth for awhile. I had some problems with the B axis when I first got mine, but that was relatively straight forward to get into and monkey with. It manifested in much the same way- intermittent failure with the same errors 05 or 09 then it would be fine.
According to some notations in the Maho service manuals I found later, this is a common problem... as Maho's get older they simply can't meet the rigorous drift standards. Recommendations are to simply turn off the drift parameter for the offending axis as it's not really needed anyway.

I had this Z09 error Maho 600e machine. I cleaned Z axis servo/tacho brushes and glass scale. Still same error. I changed Z axis drift parameter number 310 off. Machine works now!!
This is great Forum👍

I had this Z09 error Maho 600e machine. I cleaned Z axis servo/tacho brushes and glass scale. Still same error. I changed Z axis drift parameter number 310 off. Machine works now!!
This is great Forum👍
Hi there @petrib1 ,

I've a similar problem and I tried changing parameter 310 to 0 (off) but now it gives our error Z04 something like error margin is too large . Is your machines issue solved for good now?

Hi there @petrib1 ,

I've a similar problem and I tried changing parameter 310 to 0 (off) but now it gives our error Z04 something like error margin is too large . Is your machines issue solved for good now?
I was too hurry whit this comment. It worked one day. Then it gave same error Z04. I changed Parameter 310 to 1(on) and Z09 error shows again.

I checked every relay. Take Off and put back again. These are in electric Cabinet door behind acrylic plate.
Then I manualy pushed Z axis motor contactor many times.
Machine start working and Error dissapeared.
Machine still working.
Maybe contactor or some relay was stuck or bad contact.

@petrib1
Thanks. My cabinet could be different than yours as the relays are right infront. I'll check for them. My machine is Maho600E2

Back