What's new
What's new

Maho Graziano GR200E , Philips 432T lost machine constans

blasterpl

Plastic
I bought a Maho Graziano GR200E lathe with a Philips 432T control, the machine is in perfect technical condition, only 2700 hours of work, but the backup battery only had about 0.5V instead of 6V. I assume that the machine parameters have been lost. After starting, the machine performs a POWER-UP CHECK and according to the instructions, after this test is completed, it should automatically go to MANUAL REF.POINT. Unfortunately, it stops at POWER-UP CHECK (see photo) and nothing can be done, all buttons on the desktop are inactive. How can I go further or complete the machine parameters?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 5
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 5
Update, after switching the button in the wardrobe I was able to enter the MACHINE CONSTANS preview, as you can see they are all incorrect. How do I enter them manually? I will also add that the buttons on the keyboard work bad, i.e. for example I press 1 and it appears 3 or nothing at all.

IMG20220918114534.jpg

Hello,

We will try and answer your questions.

1) First the machine constants have to be entered. We hope you have a printout or a list of them.
To enter is very easy; press the MC key on the keyboard. A soft key "operator mc" will show. Press and go to MC 80. Change C0 to C1- enter-store. Press man to Leave Mc. Power down and up. Press MC again, now you have soft key "edit mc" press and enter machine constants manually.

2) Problems with the keyboard; this type of keyboard is no longer available. You could try a 432 milling keyboard but be warned that some keys will be not working, others might have a different function. You will have to try and see. For a 432 milling keyboard please refer to Robtec.
https://www.robtec-automation.com/default.htm

We wish you luck.
Regards,

PGH Team

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I did not get any documentation from the machine. The machine comes from the school and it worked there until the very end, the machine constans were lost because the agent from whom I bought the machine did not connect the power for about a month and the backup battery turned out to be exhausted. So I think the keyboard is not broken. Its incorrect operation is due to the lack of machine constans. Is it possible?

Hello,

We have tried to answer your questions below.

1) It is possible that the keyboard does not function correctly due to loss of data.
On some control software versions the keyboard has to be specified when the control is first powered on (or after loss of data).
Power down, press and keep pressed the F1 key and power on.
The control will then display "press coolant, else operate key". After coolant is pressed, the control knows which keyboard is fitted.

2) Machine Constants
Without the machine constants, the control is as useless as a computer without the BIOS. There is no standard mc, as all types of graziano m/c are different.
We would need to know the machine type and the serial number. Then we can look if we have a suitable mc- list.
We think that someone in the forum might be able to help you more quickly. You could search the forum for graziano and research and get in contact with people with similar types of machines;
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...t&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=48&o=relevance

Regards,

PGH Team

Thank you for your response. I was able to start the keyboard (method as you suggest). Today I got the MC for the GR200 C (I have the GR200 E). I will try to insert it into the machine and see what happens.

Update: I got the parameters from the GR200 C (I have the GR200 E). I typed in by hand, a dozen or so parameters in the donor are missing at all (so I replaced these with 0 or the lowest value that the system did not reject). The effect is that I have the error code WNG E 01 and when I try to start up for 2-3 seconds, the hydraulic motor is turned on and then disconnects. What is this strange error ??

Attachments

• tabl znamionowa.jpg
    tabl znamionowa.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG20220920192529.jpg
    IMG20220920192529.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello,

This is good news. The gr200c and 200e should be very similar. Maybe a bit of tuning on the axis-limits and checking the mc from about 1000 to 1500 (plc machine specific constants) would be in order.

We wish you luck.
Regards,

PGH Team

Hello,

This is good news. The gr200c and 200e should be very similar. Maybe a bit of tuning on the axis-limits and checking the mc from about 1000 to 1500 (plc machine specific constants) would be in order.

We wish you luck.
Regards,

PGH Team
That is some great service you have there, good for you

Thank you for your response. I was able to start the keyboard (method as you suggest). Today I got the MC for the GR200 C (I have the GR200 E). I will try to insert it into the machine and see what happens.

Update: I got the parameters from the GR200 C (I have the GR200 E). I typed in by hand, a dozen or so parameters in the donor are missing at all (so I replaced these with 0 or the lowest value that the system did not reject). The effect is that I have the error code WNG E 01 and when I try to start up for 2-3 seconds, the hydraulic motor is turned on and then disconnects. What is this strange error ??
Hello,

Its a WNG. i.e. a warning. The E xx Errors are PLC errors, generated in the plc sw, made by Graziano. There should be an error text displayed, when the help(?) Key is pressed. If the E01 comes after a few sec's it normally indicates a timer. Our guess is that it is lubrication warning. Check lub oil or/and look for a lub timer setting in the plc m/constants (1000-1500).
Also we think that the mc80 should be changed back from c1 to c0, otherwise you'll still be in Demo-mode, and the machine will not power up.
Regards,

PGH Team

Back