What's new
What's new

Maincon upgrade process has begun on a 2004 Haas VF2

I am in. I just don't have much time to invest. But, if you need a voice? I don't mind yelling at ignorant people at all.
Quite honestly though, it is easier to move on. And, much more satisfying if it hurts their bottom line!

Exactly spot on and in agreement. My view has always been to vote with your feet and your wallet.

Exactly spot on and in agreement. My view has always been to vote with your feet and your wallet.
I'm in for whatever would help us all.

I see my '07 VF-2ss as future downpayment on another Brother. Or Okuma. Or Mori. Or Doosan. Or anything other than another Haas. When all this started coming out, I was fixing to fix the ol' girl up with a new X screw, new way cover scrapers, some new windows and just a general spiffying. Not no more.

One has to wonder.....
Did HAAS really think shop owners would consider new HAAS machines after pulling this stunt?
Just like Matt, there is a brand new Brother on my floor. And, HAAS was not even considered while I was shopping.

One has to wonder.....
Did HAAS really think shop owners would consider new HAAS machines after pulling this stunt? Just like Matt, there is a brand new Brother on my floor. And, HAAS was not even considered while I was shopping.

I have considered many brands...Haas has used to be a heavy contender on the balance scale for me. Good bang for the buck, service was great and service and parts always available at reasonable prices.
Today its a bit less bang for that buck has kept the scales almost even, last purchase was mostly due to HFO persuasion and convenience.

Sunset the machines and the scale tips the other way. 15k is a sunset move.

Balls in Haas's hands...

Haas owners Unite!

Hi all,

I've just posted a "Owners Unite" message here: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...pport-older-haas-machines-352677/#post3207323

It needs work, and I welcome any positive suggestions and edits. As Haas owners, we represent thousands of machines and millions of dollars of Haas income, we can leverage that if we work together to get Haas to improve their support.

It'll start with a united front, a coalition of owners, users, and others who care that we not only maintain a good relationship with a US-built machine tool vendor, but improve it and address areas where it's failing.

Please take a few minutes to go read it, then help shape it.

One has to wonder.....
Did HAAS really think shop owners would consider new HAAS machines after pulling this stunt?
Just like Matt, there is a brand new Brother on my floor. And, HAAS was not even considered while I was shopping.
We should form a club. :)

I still have one Haas machine, an HL-2 lathe. It's been a good machine. I pray it keeps running for a while. I have 1 new Takisawa, and if the Haas needs a 20K repair I'll be looking at another Takisawa (even though I don't like Fanuc when compared to Haas or Brother). I had 4 machines that had a pre-Coldfire II control.

I'm not Yamazen's biggest customer, I know. But I've been drinking to Kool-Aid. 2 RX450, a 700, and a 500 since Dec 16. Due to decreased cycle times, I can almost get everything I want to get done even though working about half time due to the darn cancer.

The local Haas tech guy on the phone (Chris) is awesome. The part cost has gotten to the point of being unreasonable, and the service guys are sometimes not ready to be loosed on the community.

I sure wish Haas would re-consider this forced retro-fit baloney.........

Exactly, I was telling that to the freaking support guys, you are trying to sell us crap that we are going to have to dispose after 10 years? Go to hell, I'll make sure everyone knows this.

Of course I'll look for them, I already have everything, the programs and the manuals, If you want them, give me your mail, and with any hesitation you'll have all the backup of the main software and the manual to upload it for a VF2.

Thanks for the tip!

Let me check for that and I'll let you know if I was able to fix it here.

wondering, say you have a 94 VF3 machine. Would this maincon upgrade work as long as you change the servos and drivers too. Would the Haas Brushed and brushless servos have the same mounting hole pattern etc etc?

I'm fairly certain this upgrade is either no longer offered by Haas or way more expensive. Check out some of the mach motion setups if you're looking to upgrade that machine

Does anyone know what the difference is between the upgrade that the OP did and this one below? I'm assuming this one would be less expensive as the screen isn't replaced? Anyone have any info on this? I just purchased a mint condition 2008 VF-2SS with 15" screen and Cold Fire 2, Series 15 Software. I would really like to upgrade it to a newer version.

15" LCD Cold Fire 2 to Maincon Upgrade - AD0476

https://www.haascnc.com/service/tro...15--lcd-cf-2-to-maincon-upgrade---ad0476.html

2319F3E7-7B82-4488-A764-34B401D70320.jpg

Back