What's new
What's new

Making a larger Bijur Pump Tank

smartcolombyan

Plastic
Running lights out, trying to make things last as long as possible and I hate running back to fill up the lube tank especially with a dumb funnel into a small container that wasn't built right. I wanted to create a custom plexiglass box which just sticks out a bit to allow for a better entry port. I think as long as the fluid depth height doesn't change it shouldn't mess with the gravity head load for the bijur pump. At that point I might be tempted to have a secondary float valve pump to autofill it from a larger way oil container being gravity fed from a 5 gallon bucket for example.

I worked in a place that had a huge Mitsui HMC. 1000mm pallets, enormous box ways, 40 hp spindle, etc. It had the smallest Bijur lube tank I had ever seen on a CNC. The lube tank on my Mori SL-3H lathe is larger. The tank itself rusted through (!!), so the maintenance guy "fabricated" a wider tank that was the same depth and that extended the fill intervals by a lot.

Pop bottle upside down, tube extension into tank.
When level goes down, air will go in tube, allow oil out to fill tank until blocked again.

Way lube tank rusted through?

drum.gif

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I found a pump w hose on mcmaster that fits in the top of the 5gal bucket. Grab a dolly for the 5 gal bucket too, it was cheaper off ebay. Cut the hose to fit easy on the tallest tank we have and it made topping up a 5min job. Took all the funnel etc trouble out of it.

This set-up is on one of my large lathes.
IDK if it was OEM or what?

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
ooo would love to see a picture of that
I worked in a place that had a huge Mitsui HMC. 1000mm pallets, enormous box ways, 40 hp spindle, etc. It had the smallest Bijur lube tank I had ever seen on a CNC. The lube tank on my Mori SL-3H lathe is larger. The tank itself rusted through (!!), so the maintenance guy "fabricated" a wider tank that was the same depth and that extended the fill intervals by a lot.
Hopefully there were no long term problems from the creative maintenance guy, in principle I think as long as the depth doesn't change should be a good solution. I'm ordering plexiglass and weld-on as we speak hehe

ooo would love to see a picture of that

Hopefully there were no long term problems from the creative maintenance guy, in principle I think as long as the depth doesn't change should be a good solution. I'm ordering plexiglass and weld-on as we speak hehe
Naw....carve one out of "Military grade billet".....:D

Back