What's new
What's new

Making custom hand wheels/dial increments

@Deadbolt Don what software are you using?

If you put encoders on each axis, you can use them for a dro. They will also be particularly useful in the future when you decide that closed loop motion control is wayyy better. :D

@stephen thomas
That dial looks very nice. Do you have this documented in a thread here somewhere?
I am using Mach 3. I don't use it nearly enough to make purchasing multiple licenses of Mach 4. for multiple computers/machines worthwhile. But do tell me more.. I will be using Nema 23 & 24 dual shaft steppers. Are you saying there is something I can add so when Mach 3 is open but the steppers are not powered that I can have a DRO display where the table is and moving under manual operation?
Being that I have no dividing head or access to a shaper. It would seem that the 3 axis DRO they sell on amazon would be a better option than "reinventing the dials them selves."
I am willing to entertain the idea of a label of some sort. I have a laser engraving (Ortur 40w) that could mark the tape fairly accurately. I will follow up on that below

Back