What's new
What's new

Master Lock steel softer than expected

I thought it was telling when I visited the local Master Lock factory (making door locksets). The lock on the front door? Medeco. Figures. The local factory is now no more, probably moved to mexico.

GB,

I didn't say to buy "The Club". Didn't believe in then when they were THE in thing, don't use them now, but the padlock is pretty good. Better than a Master brand, to my mind.

I really shouldn't say that, as I've never had to cut one of them off, as I did with my old similar locks.

DID have one a few weeks ago, don't know the brand, we had to cut off, with 24 inch cutter. Took 2 of us, the other guy pretty damned strong, to snap it off, but we did.

Cheers,

George

I used to rip locks off apartment storage units with nothing more than a big screwdriver. No, it's not what you think. I used to date a lady who ran an apartment complex. Tenants would move out an leave locks on the balcony storage. It was made so the hasp screws would shear off before the steel mounting plates.

A new hasp was $2.40 in quantity. I could R and R the hasp on a storage shed in ten minutes.

I had a 5 gallon bucket full of locks and busted hasps until I gave it to the locksmith.

Evan said
Good video! [Big Grin] I was really disappointed when he pulled out the angle grinder. I was expecting a cutting torch.
You should have keyed on the fact that he only pulled out a pair of safety googles, not a welding visor!

Back