What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2024 keeps opening after closing

OliviaB

Plastic
Hey all. I'm facing a minor annoyance with Mastercam. More often than not when I first open the program, it will launch 2 windows. Whenever i try and close the one I'm not working with, it immediately restarts. Auto restart is already turned off. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Again its not a big deal but my work laptop isn't great and I'm hoping to limit unnecessary usage of resources. I tried a google search, and a forum search, to no avail. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks!

Hey all. I'm facing a minor annoyance with Mastercam. More often than not when I first open the program, it will launch 2 windows. Whenever i try and close the one I'm not working with, it immediately restarts. Auto restart is already turned off. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Again its not a big deal but my work laptop isn't great and I'm hoping to limit unnecessary usage of resources. I tried a google search, and a forum search, to no avail. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks!
Mine does the same thing since installing 2024. I haven't found a solution yet.

This is a 2024 version ? Don't they make you pay "maintenance" on that ? I would assume that means they fix things that don't work right? Or is that too naive?
You're not as far off as you think.
Lately it's like pulling teeth to get things fixed in Mastercam. Half the time they ignore the request, the other half you'll be lucky it's fixed by the next version.

Lately it's like pulling teeth to get things fixed in Mastercam. Half the time they ignore the request, the other half you'll be lucky it's fixed by the next version.
We just bought another seat. Reseller was like "You need maintenance paid up on your other seats, we'll give you a discount". I said no thanks, we get almost zero benefit from it and the last guy that came out to help us was a condescending ass and I almost threw him out of the shop.

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/forum/goto/post?id=4182985
Mtndew said:
I see you're in Michigan. Was it Kris? He's not very well liked from myself and the other people I know.

Sucks for users; MC already was bad at responding to issues but lately it sounds even worse.

Would that happen to be the guy who used to sell Cam Tool?? He kept trying to push it on our NX shop but would always leave defeated when we'd see through the smoke & mirror show.

Last edited:
Would that happen to be the guy who used to sell Cam Tool?? He kept trying to push it on our NX shop but would always leave defeated when we'd see through the smoke & mirror show.
I have no idea. He's a younger guy, if I had to guess probably mid-late 30's?

I see you're in Michigan. Was it Kris? He's not very well liked from myself and the other people I know.
It wasn't... I don't want to put him on blast, so I'll just describe him a little. Chain smoker who can't wait to get back outside for another cig. Doesn't need any hair products and considers himself the second coming of Masterchrist.

It wasn't... I don't want to put him on blast, so I'll just describe him a little. Chain smoker who can't wait to get back outside for another cig. Doesn't need any hair products and considers himself the second coming of Masterchrist.
lol. I don't know who you're describing. But I'll take your word for it.
Rob, the guy who retired a few years back was awesome, super polite and really did know just about everything Mastercam and was always helpful if you emailed or called him. I dealt with him from the late 90's up until he retired going on 6-7 years now I think.

lol. I don't know who you're describing. But I'll take your word for it.
Rob, the guy who retired a few years back was awesome, super polite and really did know just about everything Mastercam and was always helpful if you emailed or called him. I dealt with him from the late 90's up until he retired going on 6-7 years now I think.
The reseller/salesman that was trying to convince me to pay up on maintenance knew the name immediately on my description. The way he said his name was very telling. Imagine Seinfeld when he would say "Newman".

fyi, I submitted a ticket to Mastercam Tech support. Based on my event log, Mastercam is actually throwing an exception right as it's closing, so it's sort of crashing, instead of closing properly, which is causing it to re-open. The guy I was speaking to said he has seen it happen when people are working off of a server. I sent him my file, and he's working on it. I'll post if I get a solution.

Back