What's new
What's new

Mastercam popularity

On a Heidenhain there is a Cycle 32 where you can set a tolerance.

Page 486 in this pdf:
I like how they also mention what to set your CAM tolerance to in that same section.

Thanks for the link, btw. Been wanting to check out one of their manuals for a while now.

Fanuc gives you a few more settings to use, but their overlap gets confusing(mostly because the manuals are very dry and unintuitive). There is Smoothing, Nano Smoothing, High Speed, Ai Contour Control 1 & 2, TCPC smoothing, TCPC high Speed smoothing, and then tolerance settings for each one. One of our machines boils it down to 4 levels with M codes that can be fine tuned in the UI. The other machine you just activate G5.1 Q1 and can set it with G5.1 Q2 L1-L10 if you want to change it.

Regardless of control, get the quality settings to output in your post based on what your CAM tolerance is set to. Then you never have to think about it.

mastercam , is still the most popular to sales and customers because,,there are tons of schools and training is readily available,,and its pretty cheap,,for 1800.00 you get the bare basics and a post,,,,,,,with the exception of free copy of software,,,,i don't know what other software does that,,,,,,just my opinion,,,,

vero software,,,we learned the hard way with these guys,,,,,,,very very powerful software,,,but if your subscription ends at 1pm Tuesday ,,,,your system will go down exactly at that time,,

Back