What's new
What's new

mastercam/postability and heidenhain?

i dont believe mastercam posts can be edited?
my understanding was that its pretty locked down and only certain software is able to edit them.
another beauty of fusion...

Depends on the post. Most 3 and 4 axis posts you can edit to your hearts content, and they give away free generic ones that can be tuned for most purposes. It's the 5 axis ones that are largely locked down, thought there are still editable sections in them.

If you continue to have problems with Mastercam posts and simulation consider getting a seat of Camplete. Its not a cheap subscription and not thrilling its owned by AD but it does work really well. I still get great same day support direct through Camplete the same as before the AD buyout.

Software is a bit clunky and I wish it was just built into the Cam software, but it posts good 5-axis HH code so I am satisfied.

i dont believe mastercam posts can be edited?
my understanding was that its pretty locked down and only certain software is able to edit them.
another beauty of fusion...

Hajicek said it also, but the only ones that are locked up are the paid for posts. The simple posts and other generics that they hand out you're totally free to do with as you please.

I truly believe the issue is with the resellers. postability doesnt have any phone numbers on their website, so unless you know someone personally there, or from previous dealings, you're stuck going through the reseller, and if you happen to have a SHIT one like we do, you cant do anything about it because you cant buy from outside of your territory.
its a fucked up, archaic system designed to line the pockets of the middle men.

within 24 hours of me talking to an actual person at mastercam and him looking into this situation, he reached out to postability and got us squared away.
words cannot describe how much distaste this has left for me about the whole setup

I got decently handy with getting Mastercam posts dialed in really nicely, my last shop afforded me plenty of time to do so. Only reason I did it was because I had to...reseller wouldn't help me out one bit. Not sure if it was because they couldn't actually make the changes I wanted them to or because they weren't being paid to do so.

You're right, the setup is archaic and frustrating. I'm moderately (desperately) jealous you're getting to dive into NX.

If you continue to have problems with Mastercam posts and simulation consider getting a seat of Camplete. Its not a cheap subscription and not thrilling its owned by AD but it does work really well. I still get great same day support direct through Camplete the same as before the AD buyout.

Software is a bit clunky and I wish it was just built into the Cam software, but it posts good 5-axis HH code so I am satisfied.

ya i've used it at my old job, works really well! but like you said, VERY expensive.

Hajicek said it also, but the only ones that are locked up are the paid for posts. The simple posts and other generics that they hand out you're totally free to do with as you please.

I got decently handy with getting Mastercam posts dialed in really nicely, my last shop afforded me plenty of time to do so. Only reason I did it was because I had to...reseller wouldn't help me out one bit. Not sure if it was because they couldn't actually make the changes I wanted them to or because they weren't being paid to do so.

You're right, the setup is archaic and frustrating. I'm moderately (desperately) jealous you're getting to dive into NX.

you can play with NX for free, they have a 'student' version available to download. only thing you cant do is post the code to run. good way to learn it, never know when it'll come in handy.

Back