What's new
What's new

mastercam support pushing additional training?

Let me see. Where ever I go, I become the lead programmer. When I was using MC I was also writing my own posts. In fact, when we did have software support, I was doing more to teach the vendor how it was used. The only thing worthwhile in the newer version is better chaining. All the new bugs do not help. Mastercam is not even stable anymore. It either crashes or just stops functioning properly, requiring reboots. That is not my fault. No other software I have used has had this issue as Mastercam does. The troubleshooting time required completely defeats the benefits of using a cam package. It cannot even do a proper simulation without constantly giving you an "unknown error" message. Yeah. Go to your emastercam site and look that one up. Everyone is complaining about it.
This is the mentality the the Emastercam site generates. If you complain about the relentless bugs, you are a criminal. Keep in mind, the people that praise MC are the same ones that never used another system. They are one hit wonders. They could not use a cam program that has not been dumbed down to their level.
Face it. MC is finished. There is too much competition blowing it away. The bugs are relentless and complaints about service are at an all time high. By the way...you cannot ban anyone on Emastercam if they are using a proxy. You can only force them to change their ID. I have been a member there for well over 15 years, and still am. ;)

Hmm, Hoover vacuum levels of auto-fellating, bullshit so thick that even Trump would be impressed ,also likes to use a "proxy" to avoid bans and change names. I think as9100d is back.

Let me see. Where ever I go, I become the lead programmer. Classic! :rolleyes5: When I was using MC I was also writing my own posts. In fact, when we did have software support, I was doing more to teach the vendor how it was used. The only thing worthwhile in the newer version is better chaining. All the new bugs do not help. Mastercam is not even stable anymore. It either crashes or just stops functioning properly, requiring reboots. That is not my fault. No other software I have used has had this issue as Mastercam does. The troubleshooting time required completely defeats the benefits of using a cam package. It cannot even do a proper simulation without constantly giving you an "unknown error" message. Yeah. Go to your emastercam site and look that one up. Everyone is complaining about it.
This is the mentality the the Emastercam site generates. If you complain about the relentless bugs, you are a criminal. Keep in mind, the people that praise MC are the same ones that never used another system. They are one hit wonders. They could not use a cam program that has not been dumbed down to their level.
Face it. MC is finished. There is too much competition blowing it away. The bugs are relentless and complaints about service are at an all time high. By the way...you cannot ban anyone on Emastercam if they are using a proxy. You can only force them to change their ID. I have been a member there for well over 15 years, and still am. ;)

Because you know everything I guess??

Long time MCX user, having also used - Surfcam, BobCad, NX, Esprit, Inventor HSM (or whatever it has been renamed). Mastercam has been one of the better, for me. I liked Inventor, but I was using it to program a Centroid retrofit no atc machine, so can't say how well it works all-around.

On the contrary. Gaining experience and making money generally means moving around. I never wait for an employer to train me. If I can learn something new, I jump at it. There are no more pensions, so staying at one place is very detrimental to your future. I have a wide range of machine and software knowledge that people who never move around never get the opportunity to learn. After my 1st year of machining I was making more money than the people who trained me at the first machining job. I still communicate with my buddies there. Thank you for your concern. However, I am always gainfully employed and making great money.

On the contrary. Gaining experience and making money generally means moving around. I never wait for an employer to train me. If I can learn something new, I jump at it. There are no more pensions, so staying at one place is very detrimental to your future. I have a wide range of machine and software knowledge that people who never move around never get the opportunity to learn. After my 1st year of machining I was making more money than the people who trained me at the first machining job. I still communicate with my buddies there. Thank you for your concern. However, I am always gainfully employed and making great money.

Oh shit! Is this Yank like peeWee

Nobody cares about your life, stop telling us about it.We're not impressed AT ALL.

I used to work with a guy like this. He was good at heart and I liked him but you couldn't stand to talk to him for more then 10 minutes. So insecure, he would eventually turn the conversation to some of the advantages of being him. One time after programming and setting up a machine he actually told me "yeah man, nobody makes these things rock and roll like me" lol

Yep,I tell everyone that tries it and immediately bashes it to set up their defaults, all of them.
And when they do, they realize it's a completely different experience and their workflow is so much faster.

I've heard that many times, but I'm not quite sure what is meant by it? I mean, I know what you mean by defaults, and I know HOW to set them up, but I guess it feels like every time I'm programming something I need something different, so it doesn't do me much good. How do you set them up in a way that is actually helpful?

Man, I think I should be careful here. I don't want to hurt anyone's feeelins'. Mr. Virus with all of 73 posts. It seems you can't stay at one forum for very long either. I have been using MC since version 7. The latest, from 2017 on to 2021, I have not had a single crash of the system. The bugs you are talking about are not as apparent as you let on either. Maybe your PC and graphics are not up to snuff because that is where a lot of issues lie. I can't remember the last crash I had nor do I remember the last time I encountered a major bug. Maybe some of those bugs aren't bugs but just the way you run it. I know how to force errors, that's easy in some cases. But I have learned not to do those things. I work for a MTB and I program everything imagineable. I only replied because anyone that says any CAM system is total garbage and is done in the industry doesn't know what they are talking about.

Are your sure? You seem to spend a lot of time following me around. LOL

Not sure how you get that impression, we are on the same forum here, and replying to the same thread.
Check your ego, you're not important enough for anyone here to follow you around.

I've heard that many times, but I'm not quite sure what is meant by it? I mean, I know what you mean by defaults, and I know HOW to set them up, but I guess it feels like every time I'm programming something I need something different, so it doesn't do me much good. How do you set them up in a way that is actually helpful?

For instance in the defaults for each toolpath you can setup things like lead in's /outs for contour paths, coolant type for each toolpath, cut depths, approach points, retract heights, etc...
Wear comp is another, and also in 3D paths you can set values to make them how you like them.
Basically change the things that you always find yourself setting to the same values.
I have a lot of toolpaths setup for when I'm programming that most of the time it's click click,enter a depth (if I'm using absolute values), post it and run it.

Sound like you are gaining more bad experience job jumping vs settling down at one place. I guess when you are as good as you claim to be, one of the several places you worked at would have made some attempt to keep such a wonderful programmer you claim to be.

I can tell from your experience on a message board you are having problems quoting people. :D

Oh don't let that fool you. Every forum he joins he eventually becomes a moderator on. You wouldn't understand all the knowledge he gains by going from forum to forum.

Man, I think I should be careful here. I don't want to hurt anyone's feeelins'. Mr. Virus with all of 73 posts. It seems you can't stay at one forum for very long either. I have been using MC since version 7. The latest, from 2017 on to 2021, I have not had a single crash of the system. The bugs you are talking about are not as apparent as you let on either. Maybe your PC and graphics are not up to snuff because that is where a lot of issues lie. I can't remember the last crash I had nor do I remember the last time I encountered a major bug. Maybe some of those bugs aren't bugs but just the way you run it. I know how to force errors, that's easy in some cases. But I have learned not to do those things. I work for a MTB and I program everything imagineable. I only replied because anyone that says any CAM system is total garbage and is done in the industry doesn't know what they are talking about.

I'm as much a fanboy of MC as the next guy, have been a user since X3. As of lately my patience has been getting thinner and thinner using MC 2021. I've sent in Zip-to-go's into CNC software. Have all the updates, well above average computer and video card, and have triple checked everything with CNC. Verifying my parts has pretty much went out the window at this point, just using Backplot now....

Back