What's new
What's new

mastercam support pushing additional training?

I'm as much a fanboy of MC as the next guy, have been a user since X3. As of lately my patience has been getting thinner and thinner using MC 2021. I've sent in Zip-to-go's into CNC software. Have all the updates, well above average computer and video card, and have triple checked everything with CNC. Verifying my parts has pretty much went out the window at this point, just using Backplot now....

I seriously don't have many of those issues but I only use verify to test toolpaths before posting. I do not use verify or MachSim for any final posting or simulation. I do mostly 5 axis and I use Camplete. So, there's that. I did hear that there is an issue with verify but have not experienced it myself except in a couple of isolated cases. But Viruses complaint that MC is done and garbage is totally unfounded. Just my experience. I have used MC, NX, SurfCAM, SmartCAM and a couple of others from the halcyon days of CAM when we were glad we had anything. I guess we tend to gravitate towards what we know.

Paul

On the contrary. Gaining experience and making money generally means moving around. I never wait for an employer to train me. If I can learn something new, I jump at it. There are no more pensions, so staying at one place is very detrimental to your future. I have a wide range of machine and software knowledge that people who never move around never get the opportunity to learn. After my 1st year of machining I was making more money than the people who trained me at the first machining job. I still communicate with my buddies there. Thank you for your concern. However, I am always gainfully employed and making great money.

I once made the mistake of hiring someone who followed your doctrine. He dazzled us with all his "experience".

I can state unequivocally that he was the most incompetent, overconfident, useless bastard that I've ever had the misfortune to work with.

One day, in one of the most serendipitous turns of events that I have ever witnessed, I had just made up my mind that I was going to have to fire him when he walked up to me and told me that he had taken a new job at another place for more money. He asked me if I needed him to work out his notice. I told him no, and wished him the best of luck.

Two weeks later I heard through the grapevine that he'd boat anchored one of their lathes by fucking around with the parameters and got fired. Two weeks after that, he called me and asked if he could have his job back. Sorry, no.

Man, I think I should be careful here. I don't want to hurt anyone's feeelins'. Mr. Virus with all of 73 posts. It seems you can't stay at one forum for very long either. I have been using MC since version 7. The latest, from 2017 on to 2021, I have not had a single crash of the system. The bugs you are talking about are not as apparent as you let on either. Maybe your PC and graphics are not up to snuff because that is where a lot of issues lie. I can't remember the last crash I had nor do I remember the last time I encountered a major bug. Maybe some of those bugs aren't bugs but just the way you run it. I know how to force errors, that's easy in some cases. But I have learned not to do those things. I work for a MTB and I program everything imagineable. I only replied because anyone that says any CAM system is total garbage and is done in the industry doesn't know what they are talking about.

Perhaps you are doing complicated parts. But, that's ok. The whole world need screws and washers.

I once made the mistake of hiring someone who followed your doctrine. He dazzled us with all his "experience".

I can state unequivocally that he was the most incompetent, overconfident, useless bastard that I've ever had the misfortune to work with.

One day, in one of the most serendipitous turns of events that I have ever witnessed, I had just made up my mind that I was going to have to fire him when he walked up to me and told me that he had taken a new job at another place for more money. He asked me if I needed him to work out his notice. I told him no, and wished him the best of luck.

Two weeks later I heard through the grapevine that he'd boat anchored one of their lathes by fucking around with the parameters and got fired. Two weeks after that, he called me and asked if he could have his job back. Sorry, no.

Agreed, I have similar stories. I've never met anyone with his level of douchey overconfidence that was actually any good at anything. You can already tell he's incompetent with his insistence that there are a massive amount of gamebreaking bugs in mastercam. There's a lot of sound reasons to dislike mastercam, but that's not one of them.

Although, homeboy will probably just tell us that we haven't met anyone like him yet. Goes with his whole "not like other boys" schtick.

Keep talking your shit, Corona. You tell 'em, little buddy. I've got a juicebox for you when you tucker yourself out.

I'm as much a fanboy of MC as the next guy, have been a user since X3. As of lately my patience has been getting thinner and thinner using MC 2021. I've sent in Zip-to-go's into CNC software. Have all the updates, well above average computer and video card, and have triple checked everything with CNC. Verifying my parts has pretty much went out the window at this point, just using Backplot now....

What issues are you having with Verify?

How about you fuck off and stop trying to answer questions that aren't directed toward you.

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore them and they will go away. This guy has been a pile of shit on more than one forum. Ignore him and he'll move on to the next one where someone will engage him.

How about you fuck off and stop trying to answer questions that aren't directed toward you.

Awww. Am I getting under your skin? LOL.
BTW. I took a jog over to the mastercam forum. On the >>>VERY FIRST PAGE<<<, there are 3 topics regarding mastercam continuously crashing. Maybe you don't even use mastercam, judging by your ignorance.
Thanks for keeping this on top!

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore them and they will go away. This guy has been a pile of shit on more than one forum. Ignore him and he'll move on to the next one where someone will engage him.

Let me see. I have been here over 15 years. What are the chances of me going away?

Back