What's new
What's new

Matsurra MC-760VX start up problem, may be controller or powersupply?

Cooperstock

Aluminum
Hello,
Alright trouble shooting guys, Im trying to track down what possibly is a wiring issue, or maybe a power supply issue, or maybe just a control signal issue...

So I have had my MC-760VX up and running for a while now (4 ish years). Yasnac controller.
I went to start it up yesterday and the machine appeared to turn on ok, but I can not jog the axis' (nor zero the table).

I tried the some of the other controls on the user panel, I turned the '4th axis unclamp' switch and the machine popped the 30A breaker on the 100VAC side. Now, I don't have any 4th axis parts installed, so I am not sure what got shorted that pulled that kind of current. But then after that the 'TU45' unit (which I am still not sure what it actually is) was not activating the main SVM contactor which powers MC1 to provide 3phase to the servos, naturally I was getting a 'NOT READY' error (280).
I traced it back to that TU45 unit, which does not really show up in the schematics, just as a vague box with two connections to the 100VAC to control the MC1 coil.
I checked both ice cube relays... I swapped them since SCM contactor was working (I am not sure if I have the right name of that one)
If I manually activated the SVM contactor the system turns on, but I am back to the 'can't rapid move the machine' situation. I believe the SVM not activating is related to why the axis arn't jogging.

I will attempt to note what I have tried and what I have looked at

What I have checked:
I verified the parameters show the jog button is being pushed, the rotary dial is set to 'Rapid', and the Y+ and Y- bits toggle when I push the + and - button (if I am on Y axis)
I checked [DGN] 1322 D7 and it was 0... I think this is supposed to be 1. I do not have a 310 Alarm, but the manual says 'secondary power supply is not applied' as a cause of trouble for 310 and that the check method is 'Ensure that it is set to [DGN] #1322 D7=1' and it isn't 1.

Symptoms:
so I hate to admit it, but there is a strange thing I have to do to get the machine to start correctly. I have to hit the door of the control cabinet before turning on the machine. I believe this to be related to the 5,12,24 power supply in the cabinet although I couldn't figure out why. If I do not hit the door then the machine may turn on fine, or I might get the errors related to basically 24v not being present on that control board (PG errors etc).

Also, the main control board does not have the red led on the top left corner on (JANCD-MB21 REV C.), and the 7-segment is not illuminated (not sure if it is supposed to be)
All the voltage pin points on that board show voltage (5,12,-12,24)

I CAN move the table with the dial, the controller appears to be working, but it seems there is something that is not providing power (maybe 24v?) to the servo drive modules? They are on with 3 phase, don't show any errors on their 7-segments.
I CAN'T tell the machine to Zero, probably because the servos don't have the correct signals to have their motion active from the controller?
I also CAN'T turn on the coolant pump, maybe related to power to the Relay Board? (green light doesn't light on user panel for it either)

The interlock loop measures satisfied (all connected) and does toggle when I press the estop button.

My various tracing this morning seems to point to the MB21 board, but it could specifically be the power supply on it, I don't know how to verify everything is working there. The power supply does not have any red LEDs on, just two green.

Any thoughts? Parameters to verify?
I believe there is some sort of controller interlock through that Powersupply unit on the main controller, any way to verify they are talking together ok?

If you popped the 30 amp breaker, it sounds to me like something shorted. Do you see any burn spots on any of the boards? I don't think this is your main problem, only a symptom of the issue.

I looked for black things, 30 amps would be pretty major, It appears the 112CR relay on the relayboard is what controls the clamp unclamp, I removed it so it wouldn't happen again. I guess it is a possibility the out-going line is exposed some where. I agree, it seems like a symptom, but not sure how that would be related to the Jog not working.

The strange part is that there is no Alarm codes.
The machine appears to think its working, I just can't jog the machine, which also means it doesn't zero since it uses the Jog motion to move to the limit switches.
I removed the power supply and inspected for burn components, and blew it out. No change

Back