What's new
What's new

Mazak S/T 40 Leaking hydraulic fluid over the weekend. Sometimes.

I have a Mazak ST40 that like to leave me random presents under it from time to time.

This only happens overnight when the machine is off. Usualy over a weekend but not always. We come in in the morning and there is 20 gallons of fluid on the floor. I've tried looking for a leak but its difficult since its an older machine and everything is coated. So my only recorse has been to add fliud and clean up the mess.

Any ideas on where to look? I did just add some dye to the fluid. Maybe I can see where its coming from next time.
Thank you for your time and assistance.

I have a Mazak ST40 that like to leave me random presents under it from time to time.

This only happens overnight when the machine is off. Usualy over a weekend but not always. We come in in the morning and there is 20 gallons of fluid on the floor. I've tried looking for a leak but its difficult since its an older machine and everything is coated. So my only recorse has been to add fliud and clean up the mess.

Any ideas on where to look? I did just add some dye to the fluid. Maybe I can see where its coming from next time.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
If you put dye in it, should probably be able to tell right away (I would assume that even when on, there's a slight leak)

I would also suggest since you lost so much while it was off, that whatever line or valve or whatever did the leaking, is probably lower than the hydraulic tank. Sounds like it self siphoned itself onto the floor.

Back