What's new
What's new

Mazak T3 controller

LccJester

Plastic
We have a new part to run on our older machine that will be dedicated to running just this part if I can make it work. The problem I am having is the part has a center section that is 9.5 inches in diameter and needs to be parted off as well as two holes drilled to centerline. with the tool length required it can not pass the center section. So I would like to do tool changes in 2 different locations, but I don't know if this is possible. If it is possible any help on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

I probably should add that I have already figured out that if I do two separate programs and change the user parameter in between it should work. The problem of course is that it opens up more room for user error. when I program the part off tool in manual it ask if i want to use tool change location if I select 0 for no it gives me an alarm of illegal tool change position. Why ask that if I have no choice? I am wondering if there is a parameter that I need to change to turn that off?

I have a T-3 control and I am not aware of a way to change tools at two separate locations without changing the parameter.

Perhaps it has something to do with parameter P1 setting. Not sure.

I run mine with parameter P2 = 4, which indexes the tool at a fixed point regardless of the tool length or program Z workshift. If using P2 = 4, the machine then uses parameters U4 for X position and U5 for Z position. If these values are zero, machine will index at X and Z home position.

Attachments

• 20230904_023816.jpg
    20230904_023816.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230904_023830.jpg
    20230904_023830.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230904_023847.jpg
    20230904_023847.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I have a T-3 control and I am not aware of a way to change tools at two separate locations without changing the parameter.

Perhaps it has something to do with parameter P1 setting. Not sure.

I run mine with parameter P2 = 4, which indexes the tool at a fixed point regardless of the tool length or program Z workshift. If using P2 = 4, the machine then uses parameters U4 for X position and U5 for Z position. If these values are zero, machine will index at X and Z home position.
Thanks Phil that’s what I was afraid of. I just added G code to the machine and will be trying to do that way. That is when I get a chance.

Back