What's new
What's new

Mazak VTC-200B - Alarm 42 - SPINDLE PARAMETER MALFUNCTION

zx79r

Plastic
Team,
Looking for some assistance with troubleshooting Alarm 42 - SPINDLE PARAMETER MALFUNCTION (41, , ) on a 2001 MAZAK VTC-200B with Mazatrol 640M Fusion. I purchased this machine from another business so I'm unsure how long its been sitting without power. Here are some details. The machine came wired for 400V so we wired the taps on the transformer for 230V by connecting (1-3, 4-5). We measured line to line on the bottom of the transformer we get 218V out of the transformer. Prior to that, the main contactor was making a buzzing sound. Please note that we have 240V, 3 phase Delta connection in our building.

Once the transformer was wired correctly, the control unit came on but gave several alarms (211,212, 302,42) related to dead batteries on the MR-J2. We replaced the battery on each of the MR-J2 units with the 3.6V. Once these batteries were replaced and Absolute Position Recovery Procedure was performed, alarms 211,212, and 302 turned off leaving only alarm 42. We went ahead and put the machine into privilege mode and checked the Spindle Monitor parameters and everything looked good. We have the original parameter sheet and parameter SP41 on the control panel matched up with SP41 parameter from our sheet. The Spindle Amp (mds-c1-sph-150s) is flashing 37 and F4. At this point, we are a little bit confused so we are seeking help on where to look next. Any help would be highly appreciated.

-P

Attachments

• vtc-200.jpg
    vtc-200.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 9
I am confused. You are trying to feed 200 volt class power to a machine wired for 400V? I'd probably start with that. If you have delta 240, you need to set a transformer to get a LOT closer to 400V. 380V is pretty common.

Huleo, thanks for the response. I'm sorry my message was confusing. The incoming power from our building is 240, 3 phase delta. When we received the machine, the transformer on the machine was configured for 400V so we changed the transformer wiring to match the building voltage by connecting (1-3, 4-5) taps. We are pretty confident that the wiring and voltage are now correctly configured.

Back