What's new
What's new

Metric K&T 2K anyone?

rhino_john

Aluminum
Wondering if anyone else on here has a metric Kearny Trecker 2K Vertical mill. Mine was originally sent sent to Canada and some of the tags are in French. The speed dial has TPM instead of RPM. Guessing it stands for turns per minute.

Wondering if anyone else on here has a metric Kearny Trecker 2K Vertical mill. Mine was originally sent sent to Canada and some of the tags are in French. The speed dial has TPM instead of RPM. Guessing it stands for turns per minute.
My '56 metric 2CH got sold new in Swissland and came back home to me in the nineties - with a 380 volt motor. I don't recall if it had TPM or not - probably did

My '56 metric 2CH got sold new in Swissland and came back home to me in the nineties - with a 380 volt motor. I don't recall if it had TPM or not - probably did
I looked this up in my parts manual and it just says “Starrett Indicator (standard)”. Maybe someone else has a similar machine and could see the model number on their machine. Hopefully.

I looked this up in my parts manual and it just says “Starrett Indicator (standard)”. Maybe someone else has a similar machine and could see the model number on their machine. Hopefully.
If by model number you mean of the machine's lot number - it is stamped into machined cast iron about chest high on left face of column - usually below Milwaukee.

Back