What's new
What's new

Mikron touch probe not agreeing with manual bore pickup

I ran a test with the cylinder square. Put a pallet on the machine and moved my spindle off center by the radius and plunged in Z then rotated the C axis only to make a circular "groove" for the cylinder to sit in. Stuck my indicator to the casting and ran up and down and over ~9 inches I was out .0008" in X and .0012" in Y. I have no idea what the spec is for these machines or what is considered good or bad but I feel like I'd like to se that cut in half or better. I'm not asking too much for that am I?

.0002/12” or better was my target for realigning a crashed machine. Not always achievable depending on the crash and how far the machine owner wanted me to go.

I ran a test with the cylinder square. Put a pallet on the machine and moved my spindle off center by the radius and plunged in Z then rotated the C axis only to make a circular "groove" for the cylinder to sit in. Stuck my indicator to the casting and ran up and down and over ~9 inches I was out .0008" in X and .0012" in Y. I have no idea what the spec is for these machines or what is considered good or bad but I feel like I'd like to se that cut in half or better. I'm not asking too much for that am I?
thats not terrible, but can be better if you want to spend the time on aligning. so just to remind me, is your spindle axis out of alignment or z rails out of alignment?

I believe the rails are out of alignment based on all of the results. The head trams practically dead nuts to the table at 2 different heights. The pickups of the same bore differ at different Z heights however.

Reactions: pcd

Back