What's new
What's new

Mitsui Grinder Rebuilding

Colton Morrall

Plastic
At Morrall Machine Service we repair and restore your used machines to factory tolerances.
Our qualified technicians offer both rebuilding and service in the Northern Illinois area.
Specializing in Mitsui, Okamoto, and Harig Surface Grinders, Bridgeport Mills, and Hardinge Lathes.

Now offering FREE PICKUP AND DELIVERY within 60 miles!

Get a Quote Today!

1/3 the price of a new machine!

Our rebuild process includes :
  • Inspecting machine and all parts
  • Full disassembly and cleaning
  • Hand scraping ways
  • Repair or replacement of wearable parts
  • Painting + waxing entire machine
  • Polishing and cleaning of all hardware
  • Assembly to factory standards
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 815-765-2330
IMG_3358.jpgIMG_3352.jpg

Nice post, although normally one would get the raspberries for a first post selling products or services
!/3 price of new seems fair..is that variable with the condition of the machine.
(Note I'm not a moderator, just a PM guy who likes to see good old iron restored.)

Many of the old irons are better than what you can buy in a new machine.

Nice post, although normally one would get the raspberries for a first post selling products or services
!/3 price of new seems fair..is that variable with the condition of the machine.
(Note I'm not a moderator, just a PM guy who likes to see good old iron restored.)

Many of the old irons are better than what you can buy in a new machine.
Thank you! We also believe that older production machines are generally stronger and of better quality. Our standard rebuilding process is around 1/3 the price of the machine for machines that we specialize in. We also offer “repair as needed” services but generally when shipping a machine it is worthwhile to do a rebuild due to shipping costs. The repair as needed services are more directed towards local customers to whom we would be able to offer free pickup and delivery of their machines. We also provide service and maintenance work in the Northern Illinois area at very reasonable prices.

Only about 50/60 mi from Chicago, Michigan, and northern Indiana are close enough to service.
That’s correct, the majority of our service work and machine pickups are in the Chicago area. We have also rebuilt machines from all over the United States, Canada, Mexico, and even overseas in Switzerland and Finland!

I'll bite. How much for a top to bottom factory spec rebuild on a 1984 vintage Hardinge HLVH - Standard thread box (not EM). I know the tailstock spindle needs to be ground. Has a good Sony DRO On it. Has average wear for it's age. 1 Man toolroom enviornment for last 15 years

I’d be happy to send a quote over to you, the standard rebuild for an HLV-H is around the $14,000 mark, but discounts are available for major components that do not need work such as compound cross slides that do not require feed screws. If you’d like more information and a quote please send some pictures of your machine as well as the model and serial number to our email: [email protected]

No more of these please. If you want to share your work and photos of such, as I mentioned in the other thread you posted, that's fine - but do it in the Machine Reconditioning section and drop the sales pitch. If you post just your work and show more and better photos of the process you will almost certainly get more people contacting you and less people annoyed with you...

We value participation here in terms of showing your unique work and giving advice and help when it's needed. Any more sales-like posts and I'll consider you a spammer.

I'll bite. How much for a top to bottom factory spec rebuild on a 1984 vintage Hardinge HLVH - Standard thread box (not EM). I know the tailstock spindle needs to be ground. Has a good Sony DRO On it. Has average wear for it's age. 1 Man toolroom enviornment for last 15 years
I have friends who specialize in rebuilding Hardinges. I taught scraping classes there 3 times. They have photos of their work on their webpage. Ask them for a quote too. Tell them I recommended them. Ask for Terry, he is the owner. https://iversonandco.com/

Back