What's new
What's new

Mobil Vactra #2 Shortage??

Finally got my order from MSC that was placed on 12/2021. 6 - 1 gallon jubs for $17 dollars each. Shame I didnt order more back then.

Today, the supposed delivery day, I got an email from Amazon saying "We're encountering a delay in shipping this item." I'll update again if/when they get back to me with a new delivery date.
14 September, I got an update. New estimated delivery is 26 September. We'll see if they hold to this one. Original order was 5 August, original estimated delivery was 21 August.

This was posted previously but they show it as being in stock. Obviously call before ordering.

That is great price if they really have them in stock. I think I payed $120 with free shipping back in 2018, before the shortage/price jump.
EDIT: It was free shipping though.

That is great price if they really have them in stock. I think I payed $120 with free shipping back in 2018, before the shortage/price jump.
EDIT: It was free shipping though.
Its still a couple dollars more than what I paid for in individual gallons (around $30 per gallon) from MSC and I got free shipping.

Don't buy anything on Amazon. It's basically Alibaba now. Huge amount of counterfeit items. I definitely would not put any oil from Amazon in my machines.

14 September, I got an update. New estimated delivery is 26 September. We'll see if they hold to this one. Original order was 5 August, original estimated delivery was 21 August.
Forgot to update. They delivered 23 September. Now TwinSpool is making me worry about whether I got the right stuff. Plan to write Mobil with the lot codes on the jug (the inkjet printed stuff, not the label barcode) to see if they can validate them.

Don't buy anything on Amazon. It's basically Alibaba now. Huge amount of counterfeit items. I definitely would not put any oil from Amazon in my machines.

As someone who sells about $50k of product on Amazon annually I would say you're probably stretching the truth quite a bit there.

Are aware that you can very easy look up who you are buying your stuff from on Amazon? You can see their business name, address and I think even their phone number might be there too. Real easy to check who they are. Google their business and see if they're legit.

If you got a counterfeit item and reported it that seller would be dunsers in an instant.

I get Amazon customers contacting me through my business website regularly.

As someone who sells about $50k of product on Amazon annually I would say you're probably stretching the truth quite a bit there.

Are aware that you can very easy look up who you are buying your stuff from on Amazon? You can see their business name, address and I think even their phone number might be there too. Real easy to check who they are. Google their business and see if they're legit.

If you got a counterfeit item and reported it that seller would be dunsers in an instant.

I get Amazon customers contacting me through my business website regularly.

The last two items I received from Amazon were counterfeit. That's enough for me. If I have to sort through counterfeit items I'm better off buying from more reputable sellers.

The last two items I received from Amazon were counterfeit. That's enough for me. If I have to sort through counterfeit items I'm better off buying from more reputable sellers.

You missed the point-

Amazon is not the fucking seller! You didn't buy anything from Amazon! Amazon is a platform that sellers use to sell their shit.

Get it?

You buying counterfeit shit has nothing to do with Amazon.

Furthermore, did Amazon make it right when you complained?

You missed the point-

Amazon is not the fucking seller! You didn't buy anything from Amazon! Amazon is a platform that sellers use to sell their shit.

Get it?

You buying counterfeit shit has nothing to do with Amazon.

Furthermore, did Amazon make it right when you complained?

Amazon isn't selling any of it and is just hosting a marketplace so you have to navigate through all the counterfeit sellers. Being a wide open marketplace is the problem. They're not doing anything to filter out fake products.

If the whole industry has a Vactra 2 shortage I would be heavily suspicious of anything listed on Amazon.

Re: The discussion about Amazon sales --
So, if the listing on Amazon shows "Sold by Amazon.com" and "Ships from Amazon.com", is this still a 3rd-party seller that is using the platform? I have often seen sold-by and ships-from notations that clearly indicate a 3rd-party by name, but if the item says "Amazon.com" is the seller, that seems to indicate direct handling of the transaction. I'm not a seller on Amazon, so this is genuine curiosity.

Re: The discussion about Amazon sales --
So, if the listing on Amazon shows "Sold by Amazon.com" and "Ships from Amazon.com", is this still a 3rd-party seller that is using the platform? I have often seen sold-by and ships-from notations that clearly indicate a 3rd-party by name, but if the item says "Amazon.com" is the seller, that seems to indicate direct handling of the transaction. I'm not a seller on Amazon, so this is genuine curiosity.
It depends if Amazon.com are using "commingled inventory" for the Vactra 2. In commingled inventory, all the sellers stock is stocked and pulled from the same location. If some other seller gives Amazon counterfeit inventory and it is all lumped together, you can end up getting counterfeit items from legitimate sellers, like Amazon.com. It sounds like Amazon is working on solutions...

This was posted previously but they show it as being in stock. Obviously call before ordering.

That stuff does not look legit. Packaging is wrong. Looks like a fake?

Back