What's new
What's new

Monarch VMC20V / Chevalier FTC1320v A axis Calibration help?

Mattacook544

Plastic
Good afternoon everyone. I have a Monarch VMC20V that I acquired not to long ago and I have run into another wall. The machine is leveled and the 3 of 4 axis are calibrated to their new home locations after moving the machine. My problem is the A axis which is a 2 sided pallet style changer. It has an A and a B side for multiple setups or duplicate setups on either side on a vertical machine. When rotating the table to in the A side in the machining side the table is secure, but when I call the table rotation (M60) it spins to the B side and the table wobbles as if it has a ton of backlash. I can jog the table further with the MPG and it will snug up and stop wobbling but the control says it's out of its home position and I cannot use the machine in that state. So I re-referenced the home position of the table so that it will snug up and stop wobbling back and forth but the problem is them transferred to the other side when the table is rotated 180 degrees. The manual has a very short section on aligning the A axis by adjusting the "stopper bolt" which I cannot find. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? Pictures are not mine, but I have the same machine.

Attachments

• Chevalier-FTC-1320V-1.jpg
    Chevalier-FTC-1320V-1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • monarch table.jpg
    monarch table.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 4
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4

Back