What's new
What's new

More Fusion Changes

No doubt this is due to the ModuleWorks deal. They wouldn't be able to charge for a MW swarf path if you already have one at no cost.

So if you want 5axis and simulation, you have to pay $1600 for each of those per year?
On top of $500 for the base Fusion? $3700 per year?
ROFL.

This. The old bait and switch is getting really old.

Hope you and the family are doing well!

Yes it is getting old. They seem to find something to change every couple months. Named user license, now cloud credits are going away and the all new Flex Tokens will take the place.

Fusion Ultimate and Fusion standard. Never mind lets roll it into one. Then extensions and credits.

We are doing well. Hope you and your family are do good as well.

So if you want 5axis and simulation, you have to pay $1600 for each of those per year?
On top of $500 for the base Fusion? $3700 per year?
ROFL.

CAM Simulation is included in base subscription, or are you referring to FEA Simulation?

Oh, yeah. "Simulation" in that context is for modeling; stress test, fatigue, air flow (I think), cooling, etc

Oh, yeah. "Simulation" in that context is for modeling; stress test, fatigue, air flow (I think), cooling, etc

Yep and it is pretty much crap too (or at least it was when it was free). I shudder to think that people might actually be making critical design decisions based on analysis done with it.

We have a couple seats of fusion. Just when I get used to where everything is, they update it. I still have a version of Sprutcam 11 on this computer. One time payment, no maintenance and no subscription. AND NO VERTICAL RADIUS LEAD INS!!! :)

I love this reply from the Fusion thread by the Fusion team leader:

Over the coming months, it is up to us through our actions to rebuild any trust we may have eroded. Putting myself in your shoes, I can see how you may now have less trust in us. That said, I also feel over the months to come, we will re-earn that trust through the value we deliver to each of you in your subscriptions both to the Core of Fusion 360 and the machining extension.

IOW, we've fucked you. We knew that we were gonna fuck you, but did it anyway because we can.
All we're asking for is to please, trust us in the future, so we can certainly fuck you again in ways you cannot even think about yet!

Seriously.
I am not a Fusion user and never was, even though had access to everything Fusion through my PDSU and Featurecam maintenance.
As such, I don't have a horse in this game, but in the words of a very wise man: Come On Man!!!
Poor bastards pay for a year or perhaps a 3 year subscription for something, only to find out that a few months in that something is no longer what they've paid for!
And to boot, there are those who even try to make a fucking excuse for such disgusting behavior!

I love this reply from the Fusion thread by the Fusion team leader:

IOW, we've fucked you. We knew that we were gonna fuck you, but did it anyway because we can.
All we're asking for is to please, trust us in the future, so we can certainly fuck you again in ways you cannot even think about yet!

Seriously.
I am not a Fusion user and never was, even though had access to everything Fusion through my PDSU and Featurecam maintenance.
As such, I don't have a horse in this game, but in the words of a very wise man: Come On Man!!!
Poor bastards pay for a year or perhaps a 3 year subscription for something, only to find out that a few months in that something is no longer what they've paid for!
And to boot, there are those who even try to make a fucking excuse for such disgusting behavior!

The deeper the core subscriber group is into their Fusion relationship, the harder AD will be able to tighten the screws. And there will be nothing those users will be able to do about it. What are they going to do, abandon 5+ years of design and programming?

Back