What's new
What's new

Mori controls timeline (NHX specifically) ?

Panza

Stainless
I was looking at some used first gen. Mori Seiki NHX machines and realized there are different controls on otherwise very similar machines:
2013 NXH 4000 - M730BM
2011 NHX 4000 - MSX-853IV
Any ideas what the difference is ? Other than the joystick on the MSX ? Are both controls MAPPS IV ?
Also wonder how you know whether it has a 15kw or 30kw spindle ?

I believe the MSX is a Fanuc machine while the M730 is Mitsubishi. Both are MAPPS IV.

I had the 2012 M730 version for a few years. I liked it a lot. Traded it in when we upgraded to a CELOS machine with pallet pool, and regret not keeping it.

Ahh.. Thank you ! I didn't think about the Fanuc/Mitsubishi difference even though I believe I have seen both in the control cabinets.
That makes the M730 a little bit more interesting for me at least since the NLX I have is also Mitsubishi.
I suppose that Mapps programming is the same in both controls ?
Is there anything specific that is better on the M730 compared to the Celos version ? (other than the touch screen off course).

Yes, same programming across all the machines, including MAPPS V (with CELOS).

The MAPPS IV control in general was really easy to use. We still have a lathe with that control.

The CELOS machines are still superior for various reasons, but for the amount we got back in the trade in, I wish we had kept the machine to run one-offs and proveouts.

Back