What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki AL-2 spindle controls

Moriseikiman

Aluminum
I have this Mori Seiki AL-2B that won't turn the spindle normally on in the jog mode as it should. Instead the spindle starts creeping at speed of maybe about 5RPM and the speed potentiometer has no effect to it. Also the pot doesn't work as spindle speed override either as I think it should do as well. But everything else works fine, I've ran parts with it and the spindle behaves normally when running a program or in MDI. The potentiometer itself is also in tact.
I can use it as is but would be nice to have the spindle speed override working and the possibility to turn for example soft jaws manually.

On my old Okuma ACT4 with Fanuc3TF, you have to enter speed manually, and then press something like cycle start and spindle on simultaneously, to start spindle in manual mode.
Might be the same here.

I have the manual for it and I think it said it should work just from the buttons and the pot. But I will try this as well, thanks for the reply. Also if someone is wondering, clamping or unclamping the chuck doesn't help it.

It didn't work.
I found a spindle parameter table from the machine's documents that has data from F-00 to F-40 but I can't find any options like that from the control from the PC or NC side and the doc SN matches my machine. Are there anybody familiar with this kind of parameters?

Attachments

• IMG_20230217_234556.jpg
    IMG_20230217_234556.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230217_234605.jpg
    IMG_20230217_234605.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
When I enabled the speed override from those spindle parameters the spindle does just the same slow creeping when running a program it does with the manual buttons. So I probably have a pot of wrong resistance or something else in the hardware side, need to check the voltage after the pot maybe

Back