What's new
What's new

Mori seiki Mv Junior error light on

gbruz

Plastic
We just bought an old mv junior (1985 I think) It has a Fanuc m10 controller. We were having some issues with the tool changer. Pots were staying down. After looking into it more we took the tool changer off and didnt really dissamble much but cleaned all the gunk that was caked on. (This machine is from a graphite shop)
Now after getting it back together I have an error light on. I can zero all three axis. I can't get the magazine to move at all. Is there anyone that could help point me in the right direction. I'm not very experienced with a fanuc controller. I would like to get the tool changer working or just not use it at all and change tools by hand. Right now I can't run any programs and I'm thinking it's because of the error light.

Does it have the manual carousel indexing button? On mine, the dial must be pointed to the tool # that’s in the spindle or it errors out.

What message is on the Alarm display? There should be an alarm number displayed along with the error light.
Could me any number of issues, but pretty difficult to diagnose without more info. Could be a control error or a machine error. In the case of a machine error there would be an MTB error number. The MTB errors are listed in the back of the Mori maintenance manual. There are any number of errors that could be related to a tool changer fault.
Is the tool changer hydraulically operated or cam driven?

What message is on the Alarm display? There should be an alarm number displayed along with the error light.
Could me any number of issues, but pretty difficult to diagnose without more info. Could be a control error or a machine error. In the case of a machine error there would be an MTB error number. The MTB errors are listed in the back of the Mori maintenance manual. There are any number of errors that could be related to a tool changer fault.
Is the tool changer hydraulically operated or cam driven?
When machine is first turned on it has alarm num 35 (power off during atc) it is cam driven.

Does it have the manual carousel indexing button? On mine, the dial must be pointed to the tool # that’s in the spindle or it errors out.
I believe it has the button you're referring too, but when I press it doesn't do anything.

Since you can move Z, that tells me the cam is in the home position and the corresponding sensor is on. Is the pot up sensor on? Also there is a keeprelay parameter that needs to be set back to 0 to cancel power off at atc alarm.

Since you can move Z, that tells me the cam is in the home position and the corresponding sensor is on. Is the pot up sensor on? Also there is a keeprelay parameter that needs to be set back to 0 to cancel power off at atc alarm.
I believe pot up sensor is on. Pot is up and It is pressed in. I know where the keeprelay page is. Do you know which parameter needs to be set to 0?

Sorry no. It’s been about 30 years since I last worked on an MV-JR and don’t remember down to that level of detail. It will be in the maintenance section of your Mori operation manual and in the hardcopy of the ladder. One could also figure it out by looking at the on screen ladder diagram and backtracking the alarm output signal.

Back