What's new
What's new

Motor wiring

Kristoffer_J

Plastic
Hello!

First of all, thanks for your help and helping me out on this project. Your responses are always appreciated.

I have several questions in order to do a safe job here and do everything correctly.

Question 1:

I'm having issues wiring a Techtop single phase motor. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the diagram correctly, I would like to do a double check in order to proceed with everything. The connection is for low voltage.

The cables are labeled as:

{T8 RED
{T3 ORANGE Taped together}
{P2 BLACK

[P1 BLUE (HANGING)]

{T2 WHITE
{T4 YELLOW Taped together}
{T5 BLACK

I was left with one blue cable (P1) that is literally alone.

The power cord has GREEN, WHITE and BLACK cables.

Question 2: The GREEN cable goes directly to the motor ground?

Question 3: In the on/off switch I will be left with two ends of the GREEN cable (ground) and the switch has a screw that has the ground symbol. Do I need to merge those two ends to the same ground located in the switch?

Thanks!!IMG_9901.jpg

so it sounds like you want to run this motor on the low voltage side 115 volts . the hot[switched ] power in black wire will hook up to the motor P1 wire . and the other power in wire neutral will be white it hooks up to the three motor wires T2 , T4 and T5. the three remaining motor wires P2 ,T3 and T8 are hooked together by them self . and yes the green wire from the power in line cord goes to the motor frame . and if you want the motor to rotate the other way reveres the two wires T5 and T8 in other words put T5 were T8 was and vise versa . and about your switch ground if its in a metal box or the switch has a grounding point run a green ground wire to and connect it to the power cord ground green wire

003.jpg

Last edited:
I think you made a typo.

Your connection of hot to P1 is OK.

Your connection of neutral to T2, T4, and T5 is also OK.

But you listed P2, T3, and T5 as the trio to be connected together. T5 is in two groups. This last trio should be P2, T3, and T8. They are connected together but not to any of the power lines in the cord.

Nothing is left dangling or unconnected.

so it sounds like you want to run this motor on the low voltage side 115 volts . the hot[switched ] power in black wire will hook up to the motor P1 wire . and the other power in wire neutral will be white it hooks up to the three motor wires T2 , T4 and T5. the three remaining motor wires P2 ,T3 and T5 are hooked together by them self . and yes the green wire from the power in line cord goes to the motor frame . and if you want the motor to rotate the other way reveres the two wires T5 and T8 in other words put T5 were T8 was and vise versa . and about your switch ground if its in a metal box or the switch has a grounding point run a green ground wire to and connect it to the power cord ground green wire

View attachment 347558

I think you made a typo.

Your connection of hot to P1 is OK.

Your connection of neutral to T2, T4, and T5 is also OK.

But you listed P2, T3, and T5 as the trio to be connected together. T5 is in two groups. This last trio should be P2, T3, and T8. They are connected together but not to any of the power lines in the cord.

Nothing is left dangling or unconnected.

yup you right i fixed it . i need to proof the proof read or was it 80% proof ?

Back