What's new
What's new

My first automatic tool change

Martin P

Titanium
I will have to make a real long post later, but for now this:

Machine sitting 10 years, they gave up trying to fix it. I bought it 2 years ago and worked on it intermittently ("work" meaning "poking at it").
I made the base machine run 2 days ago. Today I managed to make the tool changer work, there was nothing wrong with it, but it is not very straight forward to use.

Watch out Robodrill! Anyway, nice to see. The fact that the arm swings down into the work volume seems problematic. I remember years ago Sean Sullivan demonstrating a Deckel ATC. I think it was even slower. Still, better than no tool changer.

hello martin ,
Do you have a manual for this tool changer (on contour 3)?
i have fp4 ATC and when the tool changer makes a fault, i always have half day of work trying to set it in" ground stellung".
i think if i have a good manual i will gain a lot of time.

I have the parts manual for the FP4AT D11. This is the same tool changer as earlier (it never changed).
I also have the operator manual (piss poor I think).
On the D11 the TC can be moved through the individual moves in the service menu. On the C3 I would expect this to be done on the pendent of the TC housing.

10 min later after epiphany:
I remembered I have an obscure manual for an FP4ATC with TC and PC (!!!). With D4 (!!!!!!). Flying unicorn.
This describes the process.
Let my post something a little later

Thanks Martin ,
Maybe you remember me , i was the one who supplied you the big faults list you 're very proud off.
I still have a problem with my FP4 ATC.Contour 3
it does not keep memory when shut off, and the 7.2 volt pack does not charge up when machine is on ,
it is something with the power supply distribution , but i do not have good shematics.
I need to change the batteries 7.2 volt pack every time before start up with fresh extern charged up ones.
If i don't do that before startup the tool changer swing arm starts directly without opening the door when starting the machine on the console.
then it bumps to the door , and then blocks the machine so it do not go any further .
Solution : dismantle the door and then trying to reset the changer mecanism manually on the hydraulic valves, with a fresh 7.2 volt battery pack installed.
every time i shut of the machine i put it on reference points , make sure the spindel is empty .
So when i should forget the 7.2 pack,i can easy remove the slide door todo the actions mentioned above.

Greetings draaier ( Carlo)

Back