What's new
What's new

NDA for subbing out work

rbmgf7

Aluminum
I'm going to be quoting a job where I might have to sub out the companies logo to have a sign made. Is there a template I can build off of to have the sign company sign so they're not to disclose or publicly post the work? I'm a side-job, one-man-band so I don't have a [business] lawyer handy. I tried the local lawyer once and it was disastrous. Or is there something else besides an NDA I could use? Thanks.

The logo itself should be copywritten if the company you are working for know what they are doing. As for having the guys making it not be able to show it that seems a little weird since its a sign I assume for public recognition in the first place or am I mistaken? What is the problem and why is it so sensitive? Are you just concerned that they might find out you subbed the work? Is that in breach of your agreement or something? Lots of shops sub out parts of the manufacturing process it shouldn't be a big deal you got the work done.

The sign shop might have a policy so they have to contact logo owner for approval.
Red flags go up if you are asked to copy designs if it is obvious the customer (you in this case) are not the design holder.

Back