What's new
What's new

Need a Rockstar Machinist for Rocket Engine Components

Salary from $75,000/yr, based on experience & abilities

I think that is very decent money, I am not qualified for the job but have made top money at a number of jobs. (Yes, I have written programs and ran CNC grinders, but not mills and lathes. I prefer manuals and would not take a CNC job unless I was desperate.)

REF: How much does a Machinist make at Boeing in the United States? Average Boeing Machinist yearly pay in the United States is approximately $85,047, which is 67% above the national average.

So $75K at starting is not bad.

Last edited:
Salary from $75,000/yr, based on experience & abilities

I think that is very decent money, I am not qualified for the job but have made top money at a number of jobs. (Yes, I have written programs and ran CNC grinders, but not mills and lathes. I prefer manuals and would not take a CNC job unless I was desperate.)

REF: How much does a Machinist make at Boeing in the United States? Average Boeing Machinist yearly pay in the United States is approximately $85,047, which is 67% above the national average.

So $75K at starting is not bad.

Yabbut, that's at Boeing.

The Boeing machinists down in So Cal are avoided like the plague by non Boeing shops. Why? Lazy, slow, union mentality. The chances of a Boeing machinist getting paid what he was paid at Boeing are zilch, if gets a job as a machinist at all.

A few shops I knew in the Seattle area were the same, Boeing machinists were radio active

Yabbut, that's at Boeing.

The Boeing machinists down in So Cal are avoided like the plague by non Boeing shops. Why? Lazy, slow, union mentality. The chances of a Boeing machinist getting paid what he was paid at Boeing are zilch, if gets a job as a machinist at all.

A few shops I knew in the Seattle area were the same, Boeing machinists were radio active
I think it has less to do with Boeing and more to do with the guys/gals who are looking for mid level jobs when they get cut. The really good ones rarely leave; they either climb the ladder, or work their way into a spot where they will be protected from layoffs.

I was a Boeing machinist, and out of all of the machinists I worked with, I am the only one I know who left the company voluntarily - over about a decade. Worked my way into engineering. Voluntary turnover on that side was still really low, but not approaching zero like hourly jobs used to be.

The union protects a lot of crappy workers, but the pay also used attract some of the best-of-the-best. They have internal processes to screen out the good ones and hang on to them. Many of the R&D mechanics I worked with were absolute all-stars.

Last edited:

Back