What's new
What's new

Need help connecting belt tension release lever?

lindsey792

Plastic
Release lever can’t engage to tension the belt because the metal plug (not sure of its technical name) that fits between the plate on the lever and the piece attached to the spring is out of place. Do I need to disengage the spring to fit these back together? I’ve tried rotating the pieces so they come into alignment so I can fit this plug back through but that seems to require 4 hands (I only have 2) and a good deal of strength to rotate and fit everything together. I’m hoping there is an easy fix for this and I hope these pictures are helpful because it is a bit difficult to explain. Nothing appears to be bent or broken…
C58C6510-E5E7-42A9-B33C-F4FD25941DA4.jpeg45F38442-641E-4D87-8086-78E871E89A5C.jpeg4043ACC7-DE56-4557-822A-FC16FB84FBA6.jpeg

Yes I think you will need to pull the spring off.
First, the connecting sleeve that has the spring pin holding the bottom of the spring, is rotated.
Also the clevis is out of place. The crank pin should go through the clevis and into the top tab on the back of the crank shaft, allowing the clevis to move up or down as the crank is rotated. I'll attach a few pics of how mine looked on my Heavy 10 before disassembly. It's kind of hard for me to visualize exactly what happened to yours, but I hope this will help.

John

Attachments

• TensionAssy01.jpg
    TensionAssy01.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 8
  • TensionAssy05.jpg
    TensionAssy05.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 9
Thank you so much for your reply - I took the spring off and got everything back together without much trouble. It helped to see your pictures because I wasn’t really sure what it was supposed to look like from that angle.

I’ve attached a picture of how it looks now, let me know if you see anything that looks out of place.

Thanks!

9552FC75-B1EF-4BEB-957F-EB7EC7AA98BB.jpeg

Back