What's new
What's new

Need help with BROTHER TC22A, Year 2003, unable to clear 5066.17 M servo (Batt drop) error.

galus1975

Plastic
Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased a TC22-A machine with A00 controller. I have never seen the machine running, but the previous owner told me it was ok when it was set aside for a few years.
When I powered up the machine it throw the battery error for the M servo: 5066.17
I replaced the batteries and tried to do the fault delete.
The machine had a few pages attached with the procedure descibed and I found similar procedures online too.
I first do the ATC maintenance mode change: this goes according to the description and all ok
Then I try to do the "CLEAR START P DATA" thing and this is were I got stuck. According to the manual I need to enter "1" to this line and press enter. Unfortunately it does not change from 0 to 1 no matter what I do.
I tried to turn OFF and ON the machine several times at this page (as some online troubleshooting suggested) but nothing seems to work.

Any idea what could be the culprit?

Also would like to know if this ACTIVE FAULT causes the complete servo system to STOP?
I mean, I can not move any axes or can not switch on the spindle either.

When I open the electrical cabinet the M servo driver is at "ALARM" state
The other servo drivers are NOT in alarm state, so I was wondering if that fault stops the whole machine from moving or not.

The machine is located in Europe/Hungary, so Yamazen is out of question regarding help, I guess.

Many thanks for your support!

From the Brother TC-31A & Brother TC-22A Maintenance manual page 9.1.16-1E (printed in 1999)
Adjust the magazine position in ATC maintenance mode.
  1. Press [MANU] or [MDI],and then[I/O].
  2. Press[1],[ENT]and[PAGEDOWN].
  3. Press [CURSOR DOWN]until[ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted and then press [1]and[ENT].
  4. Turn the <Power> switch off and then ON again.
  5. Press[1] for [CLEAR START P DATA].
  6. Turn the <Power>switch off and then on agian if [CLEAR START P DATA]displays [0].
  7. At this time, the pot No.of the ATC postion continues from [11] in case of No.1.
  8. In the case except No.1, it press [MAGZ] pot of the ATC position turns over to the ATC position at the pot of No.1.
  9. Press [1]for [CLEAR START P DATA].
  10. Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again if [CLEAR START P DATA] displays [0].
  11. Press [MANU]or [MDI], and then [I/0].
  12. Press [1] [ENT]and [PAGE UP].
  13. Press [CURSOR DOWN]until [ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted, and then press [1]and [ENT].
  14. Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again.

Last edited:
From the Brother TC-31A & Brother TC-22A Maintenance manual page 9.1.16-1E (printed in 1999)
Adjust the magazine position in ATC maintenance mode.
  1. Press [MANU] or [MDI],and then[I/O].
  2. Press[1],[ENT]and[PAGEDOWN].
  3. Press [CURSOR DOWN]until[ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted and then press [1]and[ENT].
  4. Turn the <Power> switch off and then ON again.
  5. Press[1] for [CLEAR START P DATA].
  6. Turn the <Power>switch off and then on agian if [CLEAR START P DATA]displays [0].
  7. At this time, the pot No.of the ATC postion continues from [11] in case of No.1.
  8. In the case except No.1, it press [MAGZ] pot of the ATC position turns over to the ATC position at the pot of No.1.
  9. Press [1]for [CLEAR START P DATA].
  10. Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again if [CLEAR START P DATA] displays [0].
  11. Press [MANU]or [MDI], and then [I/0].
  12. Press [1] [ENT]and [PAGE UP].
  13. Press [CURSOR DOWN]until [ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted, and then press [1]and [ENT].
  14. Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again.
Hi!

Thanks for your help! In the meanwhile I got the fault cleared. I followed instructions as per the manual, but somehow at one point it did not behave as it was expected and hence I could not succed. But it seems to be ok now.
Thanks again!

Back