What's new
What's new

Need THREE Rockstar Machinists for Rocket Engine Components

Why would you wonder that ? And he's the one who felt impelled to make a mfg job into some kind of cool and groovy "rock star" thing. Why all the dumb HR crap in his post ? "Fast-paced and stressful environment ..." We know what that means. They want you to work your ass off for peanuts. Probably make more at McDonald's as an assistant manager. THAT's why people don't want to enter this trade, if you insist on wondering.

And what's wrong with underaged girls ? Good enough for Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis and King John, good enough for me ...
thats not always the case. i'm at a start-up right now, bringing in 150k+ and 90% of the time its 8-5 job 5 days a week. once in awhile i'll stay an hour or 2 later.

i interviewed with y'all about a year or so ago, and you were all so gung-ho about hiring me until i asked about company culture and if different views are welcome there, then DEAD silence, LOL!

Anybody who asks if 'different views' are welcome is going to raise a big red flag.

What did you expect? That your possible Trumpian view on politics/immigration/trans rights/LGBTQXYZ+ would be welcome? Did you think your views would add to the culture of the place?

Harmony in the work place is important. Somebody likely to upset the fine balance of the place is likely to be unwelcome.

then DEAD silence, LOL!

Dead silence, lol no f'ing surprise there McFly

The last place I worked had two main offices, one in a red area and one in about the bluest part of the country. We all got along great. Differing political views were frequent and polite even if not agreed on. I didn’t feel the need to bring up office politics in my interview though.

Anybody who asks if 'different views' are welcome is going to raise a big red flag.

What did you expect? That your possible Trumpian view on politics/immigration/trans rights/LGBTQXYZ+ would be welcome? Did you think your views would add to the culture of the place?

Harmony in the work place is important. Somebody likely to upset the fine balance of the place is likely to be unwelcome.

Dead silence, lol no f'ing surprise there McFly
well if its anything like twitter before musk took over, not a chance in hell would i want to work there. i'm not complaining here, just laughing my ass off and happy that i didnt end up in that clusterfuck.

I'd like to hear more details about the 'unlimited Paid Time Off', I'd be willing to do that for only $50/hr starting salary.
lots of startups do that these days. as long as you get your tasks completed, nobody bats an eye if you take weeks off. but sometimes that might mean pulling in 12-14 hr days to get your shit done.

lots of startups do that these days. as long as you get your tasks completed, nobody bats an eye if you take weeks off. but sometimes that might mean pulling in 12-14 hr days to get your shit done.

One of my customers does that.

Also included zero cost medical and dental. Better matching of 401k then I've ever seen (my buddy told what it was, it was impressive but can't remember the exact amout of matching) Work from home on company provided PC and paid for high speed connection.

If they don't offer these bennies, the start-up down the street will

One of my customers does that.

Also included zero cost medical and dental. Better matching of 401k then I've ever seen (my buddy told what it was, it was impressive but can't remember the exact amout of matching) Work from home on company provided PC and paid for high speed connection.

If they don't offer these bennies, the start-up down the street will
ya, we have 0 cost medical as well, HSA, etc. 401k but no matching. however the stock options MORE than make up for no matching.

It's DDoug embracing the more liberal side of his nature

It's now the kinder gentler peacenik DDoug we're experiencing

I hear he's even been spotted at a Pride parade
So in your mind.....All Amish and Mennonites are LGBTQ ?
Is this what living in Kalifornia has done to what ever reasoning power you have left ?
I feel sorry for you.

Back