What's new
What's new

Need to Find Tool Post Holder

cgledhill

Plastic
Hello, we recently purchased two Hardinge HLV-H Lathes and I'm looking into purchasing some Aloris Holders for them. Does anyone know what holders would work on these? Is it CXA, BXA, MXA, etc?

Attachments

• Hardinge Lathes.jpg
    Hardinge Lathes.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Nice lathes deserve nice tooling. Hardinge makes very nice and well designed quick change tool posts and holders for their lathes. The current list prices are very high, but second hand/NOS prices are not so bad. They have some unique holders, like their one and two-wheel cut knurling tools and a great cutoff holder. Let me know if you want to know what I have for sale.

Larry

IIRC an HLV-H is an 11" swing, so either an AXA or BXA. It is best determined by the measuring the distance from the top of the compound to the center-line of the spindle.

The distance between the top of the compound slide and the center height is what matters.

AXA is good for 1" up to 1.75" max.

BXA is good for 1.25" up to 2" max.

Nice lathes deserve nice tooling. Hardinge makes very nice and well designed quick change tool posts and holders for their lathes. The current list prices are very high, but second hand/NOS prices are not so bad. They have some unique holders, like their one and two-wheel cut knurling tools and a great cutoff holder. Let me know if you want to know what I have for sale.

Larry
Thanks for the reply. I would be interested to see what you have.

Back