What's new
What's new

Need to lock head on Acu-Rite scale

rke[pler

Diamond
I have to pull the table from my Lagun FT-2 mill as one of the oil lines (or meters) is blown. I'm pretty clear on pulling the Servo 70 off the right and then the screw from the left, but I have an older Acu-Rite scale mounted on the back. I know the newer models need locking the read head before pulling the head and scale as an assembly, anyone know what to do with this unit?Acu-Rite_scale.jpg

(An I have asked the manufacturer, just don't expect a lot of help from that quarter)

I would just fit some plastic shims or popsicle sticks in the gaps between reader and scale and then loop with masking tape as it comes off the machine. If you handle it carefully and avoid skewing the head in any direction, you should be OK. The shims that come with the units are hardly more than glorified pairs of plastic shims tied together at one end, though they do have shallow tongues that stick in the scale housing slot to keep the reader centered on the slot.

Packrat for the win. I recalled that I have had a bag-o-parts bouncing around for a while that I remembered as being from the DRO install. I managed to find those and the original manual and am all set:

Acu-rite_scale_lock.jpg

Back