What's new
What's new

Needing an Excel quote workup template

g-coder05

Titanium
I'm trying to come up with an Excel worksheet that will allow me to take a print and do a detailed time study to bid jobs. I have never really had to build any type of worksheet in excel and its driving me insane. Several searches on Google have had some results for machining templates and I even payed for one but it seemed to be made by someone who's never sat foot in a machine shop. For years I used a system we had built for us by Tech Gap Systems in Unix but I cut off the $15,000 per year usage fee. I can do the work up in notepad or word but just looking for something a little more professional looking.
What I'm looking for is something that has:

Customer name XXXXXXX
job number XXXXXXX
part number XXXXXXX

material size XXX cost XXXX
program time for each op XXXX
run time for each op XXXXXX
ect
ect

Anybody know where I can find something like this?

Is this on the right track of what you need?

Estimator Worksheet

I definitely qualify as someone who has not spent any time in a professional machine shop, so I expect this is only a beginning, if it is even that much. On the other hand, it only took me 10 minutes to set up, and maybe it will give you ideas about how you could set up your worksheet. Note that the key to this worksheet is using multiple tabs -- one tab is the summary, one tab is for materials, one tab is for operations. Add more tabs, or extend the existing tabs, to suit your needs.

Ask if you have questions -- I'll try to answer, or I'm sure others with more Excel knowledge than I will chime in.

Steve, I am sorry to say that I don't seem to have kept a copy of this, and the hosted site where it was stored is long gone (as you discovered when you tried to click on it). It was just something very simple that I threw together to try to provide a starting place for the OP. If you think it would be useful to you, I can try to recreate it.

If you end up not being able to find a good solution I'd be willing to sell ya a spreadsheet solution customized to your exact needs. I am a corporate accountant that does a lot of spreadsheet design and programming aimed at estimates and standard costing.

Back