What's new
What's new

New DRO with original scales.

tommyc87

Plastic
I have a mill with an Acu-rite D200 DRO that doesn't accept key inputs. I've done the cleaning of the ribbon thing and still no change. So I'm looking to replace the unit, but my question is: will a new import display work with the old Acu-rite scales? The old scales are 10um P/N 3852520235. If need be I'll replace the works but saving a few bucks is nice if it doesn't turn into a can of worms.
Tommy

Acu-rite and Analam (related now) used two different styles of plugs on the cables. Go to Eprey or similar and find one that matches.

Ed.

So lets see if I understand this right; if the plug on the existing reader cable mates up with the new display then it would be compatible? Would the pin configuration be the same and all?
Also, what is "Eprey"? A quick google search didn't yield anything.

Tommy

So lets see if I understand this right; if the plug on the existing reader cable mates up with the new display then it would be compatible? Would the pin configuration be the same and all?

Tommy
" Eprey" is just a joke name for eBay.

I have a similar dro with the same problem. What's the "cleaning of the ribbon thing?"

Tommy
Analam and Acu-rite used the same scales. Older units used a round plug, newer used a D-Sub 9 pin plug. Keep it in the family.

Jerholz picked up on the joke, shoulda said ePrey.

Ed.

" Eprey" is just a joke name for eBay.

I have a similar dro with the same problem. What's the "cleaning of the ribbon thing?"
People report that the ribbon connector pins oxidize over time and cleaning them with alcohol will restore the function.I tried that but to no avail.
Tommy

For hobby use, fine. In business I would not go with a lesser display without the graphics or easy to use features. One mill I use has a Sony the other is Accurite. Full featured Accurite is much easier and faster to use.
Dave

It is not an entirely professional solution but TouchDRO would likely work (if they are normal TTL type encoders).

I worked in electronics for over 45 years and the best contact cleaner I have ever used is DeoxIT D5.

It is a bit expensive, but if it does not do it, nothing will.

Back