What's new
What's new

New Haas UMC 350 Models Coming Out Soon

@empower Maybe you should try getting that loan again. I just saw the link to that GF Mikron on eBay and they just lowered their asking price to 135k.
that was the price i was going to get it for, couldnt get approved. fuck banks.

i'll wait 2-3 years, save up and buy something like that with cash.

That Micron 500 U is awesome. It's weighs in at 13,000 lbs and is fairly small foot print. But just a little to tall for my shop. Wish the UMC 350 HD weighed about 8,000 lbs and had larger, slower pitch ball screws for better accuracy. I still start to drool when I see any video of the Kern HD Micro. But until I hit the Mega Millions Lotto that isn't happening.

I'm not sure the TRT210 would fit on the DT/DM and maybe its a little more ridgid with Y axis on its own for the the TRT210 and X and Z being on the base casting? I'd be all over one but when I have had friends with DM's tell me they circle interpolate holes that are plus .0008" in Y axis and minus .0005" in X axis I lost interest.

I'm not sure the TRT210 would fit on the DT/DM and maybe its a little more ridgid with Y axis on its own for the the TRT210 and X and Z being on the base casting? I'd be all over one but when I have had friends with DM's tell me they circle interpolate holes that are plus .0008" in Y axis and minus .0005" in X axis I lost interest.
They can’t comp those holes in better through controller settings? A laser alignment/ballbar might go a long way for their precision.
I have a hard time seeing any industrial machine that’s in good shape/programmed properly and setup properly being so sloppy?

Back