What's new
What's new

New machine day! she's a biggun...

1.5m x axis. yeah it has scales.
Like DavidScott, I’m intrigued by the design details. Never worked on Ibarmia but have a tiny bit of experience with a couple other Spanish machines, Anayak and Correa. Those used to be separate companies but merged some years ago. Good iron. Things like sensors, solenoids, switches, relays were from suppliers not common in the US so some “creative” sourcing and retrofitting was needed.

I’m guessing the design is modular so X can be stretched to much longer travels. Otherwise there would be no reason for the fixed screw design at only 1.5 meters of travel with a large diameter screw like that.

Like DavidScott, I’m intrigued by the design details. Never worked on Ibarmia but have a tiny bit of experience with a couple other Spanish machines, Anayak and Correa. Those used to be separate companies but merged some years ago. Good iron. Things like sensors, solenoids, switches, relays were from suppliers not common in the US so some “creative” sourcing and retrofitting was needed.

I’m guessing the design is modular so X can be stretched to much longer travels. Otherwise there would be no reason for the fixed screw design at only 1.5 meters of travel with a large diameter screw like that.
this is the smallest machine they offer, they go huge on some of their stuff. most electrical components are heidenhain/siemens so its all high quality stuff. the iron looks pretty good to me. the ability to do large 3 axis parts as well as pretty big 5 axis stuff is the biggest driver for me to go this route.

this is the smallest machine they offer, they go huge on some of their stuff. most electrical components are heidenhain/siemens so its all high quality stuff. the iron looks pretty good to me. the ability to do large 3 axis parts as well as pretty big 5 axis stuff is the biggest driver for me to go this route.
Wonder if larger machines is a focus of Spanish builders. The Anayak was 4 or 5 meters travel and the Correa was 4.

Back