What's new
What's new

wedgetail

Plastic
Not sure if this the right place, but just thought I’d do a quick hello post. I’ve just joined and hoping to increase my knowledge.

I’m not a professional or even an experienced machinist. All my practical skills are self taught or picked up on the job. I’m a farm manager with a mechanical background. I’ve got an old deans smith and graceful lathe that I’ve recommissioned after a long rest and hoping to put it to good use, mostly gunsmithing.

This is clearly a forum of highly skilled and innovative members so hopefully I’m not lowering the tone too much!

Welcome Wedgetail (not going to ask where you got that name). There is a gunsmithing forum on this site which is probably very helpful although I'm not a gunsmith and have not used it. The interesting thing about this site is that you will probably find someone who has knowledge of just about any kind of machining you could imagine. Again, welcome.

Welcome ....if you are in Aus,there are a few more here .....You have a DSG,so should be OK ...you..ll note there is a long running DSG thread ,either on General,or maybe Antique,or maybe elsewhere....Anyhoo ,before doing gunsmithing ,be aware of your state licensing regs .....I might add,these can often be got around ,if you go about it the right way.....and dont tell anyone what you are doing.Regards from Queensland.

Back