What's new
What's new

new project for manufacturers.

ChatJokey

Plastic
Hi guys.

I would like to post information about a project we are working on. This is for manufacturers from manufacturers.

The project will be free for everyone. It is close to Xometry, ManuFuture or MFG, but the main emphasis is on transparency. And there will be no fees, commissions or subscriptions. Free transparent service.

How it will work. Let's say someone has a large steel part. And he knows that he needs a lathe with a 1200 mm diameter. So he just clicks on the lathes, selects the diameter, and the map shows all the lathes and the guys who own them. There will also be filters such as search by radius, options for machines like Lunnete. etc. In the future, we will create several AI tools that will suggest the most suitable machine based on customer part.

Essentially this will be a (directory) map with machine tools. Everyone will be able to add their machines there. Even if you have one small lathe in the garage.

Why I'm posting it here?
Investors want to conduct a survey. I'm wondering if I should post a survey here or is that against the Forum rules? It is in the Google cloud.

Last edited:
A marketing survey is prolly OK.
I don't see why not.

---------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

A marketing survey is prolly OK.
I don't see why not.

---------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!
Thanx for support.
The main Idea of this project is to get rid of middle man. I'm freaking sick of them. Xometry and others are web middle man. I don't need them. Easy search of technology you need and direct contacts is the best way.

Also, I can't promise you, but may be we will find out some way to reward you guys if you will take part in this survey and will use the platform then.

So here is the link to google form. It takes just a few minutes.

Questionnaire for manufacturers

Will be very appreciate for help.

Reactions: ???
How will your new site generate funds for the investors ?
Bob
unobtrusive advertising: this category "sponsored by Kennametal", or "sponsored by your local spares supplier for laser cutting machines". highly targeted ads based on tools category and location.
There will also be premium options both for customers and manufacturers, that will not affect the basic functionality. Freemium model.

It seems like you might also want to let the shops add their preferred quantity, approximate current lead time, maybe one of those $ to $$$$ indicators like Google gives for restaurants.

Just because someone has a large lathe available doesn't really tell you he can, much less wants to do your parts.

Some shops are well set up to do production runs, and anything under a thousand isn't that interesting. Some shops get bored making a second part. Some shops love +-.0001" tolerances. Some shops can't measure .01" accurately, and that's fine. Some shops like inconel. Some shops won't touch the stuff.

You need more parameters than just a list of machines.

But this all sounds nicer than having to work with xomerty.

Are you going to expand this internationally, would be a great thing to see in Australia. Will you be vetting the people offering the service. Nothing to stop a random dude taking on work based on his vapor machines and then sending it out to be manufactured offshore.

It seems like you might also want to let the shops add their preferred quantity, approximate current lead time, maybe one of those $ to $$$$ indicators like Google gives for restaurants.

Just because someone has a large lathe available doesn't really tell you he can, much less wants to do your parts.

Some shops are well set up to do production runs, and anything under a thousand isn't that interesting. Some shops get bored making a second part. Some shops love +-.0001" tolerances. Some shops can't measure .01" accurately, and that's fine. Some shops like inconel. Some shops won't touch the stuff.

You need more parameters than just a list of machines.

But this all sounds nicer than having to work with xomerty.
Shure. I'm the owner of shop floor. 15 years in the business. And I know all this stuff.

Are you going to expand this internationally, would be a great thing to see in Australia. Will you be vetting the people offering the service. Nothing to stop a random dude taking on work based on his vapor machines and then sending it out to be manufactured offshore.
yep. it will be mostly international. some countries like rus or iran won't be supported.

===
guys, make a survey above please. It will take couple of minutes and it will help a lot. .Investors like numbers. We need to rise at least couple of millions more to make it happen.

Last edited:
Couple of questions and statements.

CraftLink in my opinion is not a good name sounds hobby like.
You have no privacy policy on your questionnaire.
Where are you located?
How are you securing the information that we are providing you with?
Where will our information be hosted?
Are you sharing/on selling any the information provided by users to 3rd parties?

Give us a background on why we should trust you regarding the information that is supplied to you and why you have the ability or experience to implement something like this. A brief business plan to tell us where you are heading with this, will it be a way to start a business to sell to someone like Xometry for a high value or are you in this for the long run.

I will say that if you are in this to create a long term stable business that makes you money via advertising and removes that middleman I will be behind you all the way.

Couple of questions and statements.

CraftLink in my opinion is not a good name sounds hobby like.
You have no privacy policy on your questionnaire.
Where are you located?
How are you securing the information that we are providing you with?
Where will our information be hosted?
Are you sharing/on selling any the information provided by users to 3rd parties?

Give us a background on why we should trust you regarding the information that is supplied to you and why you have the ability or experience to implement something like this. A brief business plan to tell us where you are heading with this, will it be a way to start a business to sell to someone like Xometry for a high value or are you in this for the long run.

I will say that if you are in this to create a long term stable business that makes you money via advertising and removes that middleman I will be behind you all the way.
You do not need to disclose sensitive information in the questionnaire. You can do this anonymously. The project will be based in Israel. The data will be open to everyone. If you list that you have a laser cutting machine, every website visitor will see it.
It's long term project. We are not startups factory and won't sell it to ruin it.

You do not need to disclose sensitive information in the questionnaire. You can do this anonymously. The project will be based in Israel. The data will be open to everyone. If you list that you have a laser cutting machine, every website visitor will see it.
It's long term project. We are not startups factory and won't sell it to ruin it.
I'm not going to turn this into a political thread but you can definitely count me out. Just as you say this will not be available to Russia or Iran I choose not to support Israel in any form.

I'm out too, just cause, I don't like shit like this.
People making money off other peoples worked for money, annoying.
making profits from internet marketing ads, lame!
personal 2 cents :cheers:

I'm out too, just cause, I don't like shit like this.
People making money off other peoples worked for money, annoying.
making profits from internet marketing ads, lame!
personal 2 cents :cheers:
You obviously don't have a beard and apron :D

You obviously don't have a beard and apron :D
Hahaha of COURSE I have a white beard, no more hair, and a waterproof hot swappable apron, I designed and sewed my self. :D
Edit: Oh yeah and giant over the ear ear pro too :D
Dead SEXY!

• Haha
I'm not going to turn this into a political thread but you can definitely count me out. Just as you say this will not be available to Russia or Iran I choose not to support Israel in any form.
Ohh. ok. How about if we make it in Portugal? Our team is international.

“Let say a guy has a 1200 mm part and he knows that he needs a 1200 mm lathe.”

As I’m not a paid consultant for your company, I won’t explain how absolutely stupid and a total non-sequitur this statement is.

“Let say a guy has a 1200 mm part and he knows that he needs a 1200 mm lathe.”

As I’m not a paid consultant for your company, I won’t explain how absolutely stupid and a total non-sequitur this statement is.
I know what you mean. ;) It was not a statement. It was simple example. may be not the best one.

A problem with making shopping to easy is that it encourages a race to the bottom, making it harder to retain/maintain good relations with customers when there is another jack or Jill “looking to connect” with them at every turn.

Not to mention the inevitable favouritism a company or algorithms can bake in. Deliberate or not.

I wish you the best of luck in the endeavour but personally it sounds like a company designed for fundraising rounds and cash out
But I guess that’s the world these days.

Back