What's new
What's new

New to me 30 inch 10ee

zamboni2354

Cast Iron
Picked up another 10ee over the weekend. 1971 30 inch Monarch 10EE.
Drive system removed and replaced with the Beel drive at some point and it's not working so I'll have to figure that out..but hey....30 inch with taper and elsr....can't complain. The cross slide has a fair amount of slop and while the ways are fairly smooth, I can feel a slight edge so there's some wear. I have several projects ahead of it but once I get to it I'll see if the wear in the ways is liveable or if it needs re-ground.

Jeff in long beach

20240302_105625.jpg20240302_120300.jpg20240302_120916.jpg

Jealous, ;)
That sounds like a real score, how many do you have now and is this one the new "keeper"?
I have 3.
this 30 incher
a 1965 20 incher with original modular drive, elsr, taper, factory 5c closer, and accumulator dial.
And a 1988 imperial/metric 20 incher with taper, separate reverse speed dial, and original regenerative solid state drive.

They are *all* keepers if, a) you have the room, are b) productive, and c) derive pleasure from using/having them. I'm glad you're on a long leash.

Me and my '41 continue our love affair.

Very nice. Thank you for including the 1971 price information.

I see the lower end cover has the plaque showing metric pitches. Did you get the metric change gears? When I got my 1977 10 x 20 10EE back in 2002 it had the plaque but, alas, not the change gears. Was able to get some on ebay.

Of course you already have the I/M 10EE...

David

Very nice. Thank you for including the 1971 price information.

I see the lower end cover has the plaque showing metric pitches. Did you get the metric change gears? When I got my 1977 10 x 20 10EE back in 2002 it had the plaque but, alas, not the change gears. Was able to get some on ebay.

Of course you already have the I/M 10EE...

David
David, I didn't get the metric gears. I noticed the plaque as well. I didn't see the gears on the purchase order though. One thing I forgot to check was to open the cover where the change gears go to see if it has any of the metric change gears installed. I'll do that next time I get a chance.

Jeff

Back