What's new
What's new

New to me Bridgeport Series 1 VFD

I just purchased a Bridgeport Series 1 with 2hp 3phase motor. I've previously re-wired a grizzly g602 lathe with a 3ph motor and a 110-220 3ph 1 hp motor, wiring up the start stop switch, reverse switch and emergency stop. this lathe had all of that so it was a matter of following some very clear instructions.

The new to me mill, is wired for 208v 3ph, and i would like to mimic what my lathe setup is with power on/off, potentiometer for the speed control, a fw/rev switch and most importantly a Estop switch. I'm wondering if anyone has a schematic or other type of wiring diagram with these feature (I know i can wire the VFD directly to the motor (I'm not 100% sure if i need to do something for the 208V on the motor, since most VFD's i've looked at are +-15%..) and run everything off that. Also if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonably priced VFD (sub $200) for this application that would be great since i'd rather go with something that is known to work.. I'm thinking a Fuji Frenic (??) as i have seen that referenced here.

Apologies if this has been answered before i've not found anything

Fuji Frenic minis are great !
Very easy to wire with an on/off/rev toggle switch, and pot for speed control.
The toggle switch goes directly to FWD/REV/COM.
The pot wired also to the control strips, just can't remember, but it's all in the manual.
Just superb for tapping !
Bob

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on the 208v vs 220v topic. Regarding the estop, i think i can just wire it in as part of the stop button. it looks like i can fully remote the run/stop

Back