What's new
What's new

New to me Powermatic vertical bandsaw

Brianbland79

Plastic
Hello all. I’m new to this forum as a registered guest but have been creeping to gain lots of useful knowledge over the past few years. That being said, I’ve been buying machines for my own use and may be on my way to putting to use commercially. My most recent purchase was a Powermatic model 87 vertical bandsaw. It’s very easy to tell that this will be a super handy machine to have in my arsenal. I plan on painting it and would like to get it back close to original. I’ve seen numerous colors on them so I feel like going with my favorite machine gray will be appropriate. I don’t have my shop far enough along to run it yet but want to keep moving forward. It has a blade feed and speed chart that I would really like to either duplicate or purchase a new one. I like to have references to go by to at least get me in the ball park. I have not been able to find the one that is on my machine and would like to see if anybody on here has one they could post a picture of so I could have my graphics guy duplicate one for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be able to provide help to some things but I do feel somewhat under qualified with all the knowledge that is willingly shared from guys who obviously know more than me. Everybodies got to start somewhere though.

I added 2 images to help with identifying what I’m talking about but I’m not sure they went with my post.

To use it commercially, the color won't make you any money. Paint it your favorite shade of grey and move along.

Blade charts are by blade manufacturer. The on saw charts are helpful for quick material thickness feed multipliers.

That’s the same as the one that’s on mine too. Most of the letters and numbers are gone on mine though. Thank you. Might be able to duplicate it from pics of both of them.

I found an exact match to my saw at a factory I was working in. Their chart was in great shape. I’ll add an image of it here and maybe it will help somebody out in the future.

Attachments

• D00FDC29-E597-4DBD-AE9C-45C8D93573E7.jpeg
    D00FDC29-E597-4DBD-AE9C-45C8D93573E7.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 10
Brian welcome to the forum. A heads up ---I suspect our forum moderator will move this to the sheet metal or wood working forum as he doesn't like Bandsaws in here. So you may want to move it yourself before it disappears in here.

Back