What's new
What's new

Newall DP700 Kits

newtonsapple

Hot Rolled
I have three Newall 2 axis DP700 kits available. These are all new, surplus items so the main boxes were opened to confirm contents and condition. Pricing is about half what I see as actual retail.

I am located just north of Boston. Shipping will be actual cost based on the best pricing I can find or your account. Checks or cash are great. Paypal works as well.

I also have some Fagor DRO kits here:

DP700 Display
DP700_main_angle.jpg

1) 12" x 30" - DP700 2 axis Display, Spherosyn Encoders/Scales, Mill Mounting Hardware, P/N DP70021100/2 - $950
DSCF7652.JPG

2) 16" x 36" - DP700 2 axis Display, Spherosyn Encoders/Scales, Mill Mounting Hardware, P/N DP70021100/5 - $950
DSCF7669.JPG

3) 10" x 80" - DP700 2 axis Display, 10" Microsyn, 80" Spherosyn Encoders/Scales, Lathe Mounting Hardware, P/N DP710M10080SH11 - $1500
DSCF7671.JPG

Interested in the DRO with the 80"scale. I know nothing about Newall DROs. What is the resolution of a microsyn and a spherosyn scale. Does the readout have absolute and incremental read out? Does it have tool offset capability? how many tools? does it have axis lock like Acu-Rite does?

I have never run one of these, so I don't have first hand experience. There are plenty of people have reported liking them a lot.

The manual is available here:

Looks like you can have 50 tool offsets. Not sureif there is a comparable axis freeze option. This is the list of relevant features from the manual.

Standard Functions Page 18
Absolute / Incremental Page 18
Inch / mm Page 18
Zero and Preset an Axis Page 19
Undo Function Page 19
1/2 Function / Centre Find Page 20
Reference Page 20
Sub Datums (SDM) Page 21

Lathe Functions Page 29
Tool Offsets Page 29/30
Multiple Tool Datums Page 31
Taper Page 32
Summing Page 32

The scales are both 10 micron.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (22).jpg
    s-l1600 (22).jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 2
I would have liked the 10x80 set and would like to be runner-up if moonlight does not complete the transaction.

Otherwise we would like the 16x36 set (or perhaps both)

shipped to 55920

petersen

Peterson, the 16"x36" is yours. I will PM details and shipping costs.

I didn't realize I was running layaway plans, but I guess we are...this week only :willy_nilly:

Moonlight, let me know if you need to bail for some reason, but otherwise it's yours within the ambiguous terms of the plan (ie anything reasonable).

Peterson, the 16"x36" is yours. I will PM details and shipping costs.

I didn't realize I was running layaway plans, but I guess we are...this week only :willy_nilly:

Moonlight, let me know if you need to bail for some reason, but otherwise it's yours within the ambiguous terms of the plan (ie anything reasonable).
I am definitely buying it. I am expecting an ACH payment tommorow sometime so i will have cash. If you need a down payment reply tonight as I will be away from my computer all day tommorow.

ALL SOLD

BTW - I miss being able to edit posts at least in the for sale section. Was that change made for a reason or just came with the forum upgrade?

Back