What's new
What's new

Newbie intro and insert identification

jerry1313

Plastic
Hello. I'm new here but am a member of cnczone. Haven't logged in over there in forever and can't anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Need help identifying an insert.

I pulled this insert outta the misc insert drawer of my tool box to use on UHMW.

Worked great. But I have no idea what brand or chip breaker it is.

Anyone know? Tia

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_075301184~2.jpg
    IMG_20220904_075301184~2.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220904_074924282.jpg
    IMG_20220904_074924282.jpg
    872.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

I thought it was a CNMG, but the perspective on the photo is a little off, could be square. Regardless, pretty sure he knows the shape he's working with - I think he's only looking for brand and geometry (chipbreaker style) info.

I thought it was a CNMG, but the perspective on the photo is a little off, could be square. Regardless, pretty sure he knows the shape he's working with - I think he's only looking for brand and geometry (chipbreaker style) info.
Yes, it is a CNMG 432 insert

Last edited:
Newcomer 308 is long gone.
The brand was sold and moved to Detroit as part of Ceratizit as they took over them and Duramet.
Likely the die and chipbreaker design where a big part of works well in this app.
Unfortunately Ceratizit has closed the Detroit plant and most dies were scrapped out so this particular tool geometry no longer exists.
Welcome to the new global commodity economy.
Bob

Eleven screws and a plate in one's ankle tends to slow ya down a bit.
Good lord. Who would have thought falling off a ladder would be a $70,000 bill.
I'm in the wrong business.
Bob

Oh man, sorry to hear that... Glad you're feeling better. And yeah, you should have seen my back surgery bills... 😳

Newcomer 308 is long gone.
The brand was sold and moved to Detroit as part of Ceratizit as they took over them and Duramet.
Likely the die and chipbreaker design where a big part of works well in this app.
Unfortunately Ceratizit has closed the Detroit plant and most dies were scrapped out so this particular tool geometry no longer exists.
Welcome to the new global commodity economy.
Bob
Thanks Bob.

I loved Newcomer inserts back in the day

Back